News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Banya

Quote from: James Gryphon on June 16, 2015, 04:31:16 PM
That few?
My thoughts as well.

The 1 in 4 statistic counts only those cases known to police or reported in the NCVS.

Skyblade

And 1 in 5 people have a mental disorder :-\ Or mental illness

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Skyblade on June 16, 2015, 04:37:07 PM

*raises hand proudly* don't judge, I'm glad to be me!  ;D

Condors are the largest raptor.
Ostrich eggs are the largest bird eggs in the world, hummingbird eggs are the smallest.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Banya

The Great Wall of China is not visible from space.  China's air pollution is.

Luftwaffles

It takes 30,000 frames to make a 22 minutes animation movie.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Izeroth

The Romans had knowledge of basic steam engines, but never considered them to be anything more than amusing toys.

Banya

100 tons of meteorites enter Earth's atmosphere every day.  Though mostly dust fragments, most of it falls in the ocean when reaching Earth's surface.

Skyblade

This is a really cool thread ;D

Chocolate contains the same chemical that your body produces when falling in love.

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 16, 2015, 04:47:12 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on June 16, 2015, 04:37:07 PM

*raises hand proudly* don't judge, I'm glad to be me!  ;D

I'm absolutely not judging, just raising awareness. I'm glad you're proud. A mental illness/disorder does not define who you are :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

The football player Martìn Palermo is in the Guinness book of records for having missed three penalty kicks in the same match, against Colombia in 1999. He is also there because he scored a header that traveled around 38.9 meters. This goal gave him 200 goals in the Argentine First Division.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Captain Tammo

Today (June 17, 2015) is the 130th year anniversary of France delivering the statue of liberty to New York
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Izeroth

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both died on the same day: July 4, 1826.

Luftwaffles

The games Half-Life and Resident Evil 2 were rebooted and remade on advanced stages of development because the developers thought that they were "too boring".

rexhyuga

fun facts are fun.

after you read this post you will realize that the the brain edits a second 'the'
Quote from: NarratorIn a world, where floating cupcakes rule over all, one stallion and his magic bucket is our only salvation!

Banya

^Well, I'll be.

There is an average of 8.6 million lightning strikes in Earth's atmosphere in a single day.