News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

...  *Takes your OCs away*

(Okay, I'm truly sleeping now.  Byeeeeeee!)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DestinedDiscord

//steals them back when you are sleeping

//hugs them all

QAQ I give them happiness too!!!
Random Artist and Fangirl!
oHo Have accidentally fallen into the Gravity Falls fandom. ((Get it? 'falls'? Jk pun not intended))

Skyblade

I feel like I just walked into the "Kindred Spirit" thread.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

Hah, neither of you know anything about torturing OCs. Which is probably for the best as it often makes me question whether or not I'm psychologically disturbed.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

How would you know neither of us know anything about torturing OCs? Also, I'm curious what you put your characters through.

Jetthebinturong

Was referring to Rain and Dis, from what they've said, the torture seems tame by my standards.

Eh heh.
Tenang Raja-Abusive older brother, frequently gets the ever-living snot beaten out of him by said older brother, his parents are distant and a lot of his family resents him because he's gay.
Callum Reyes-His dad designed the Abnormal Detainment Facilities. So his own dad put him in prison, just because he had superpowers. The guards in the facilities are authorised to be as horrible as they want.
Luke Winter-Eh heh, no, not getting into that.
Zayn Newman-Or that.
Robert Hawthorn-Or that.
Matthew Hawke-Or that.

Really it's a rarity when one of my characters hasn't experienced some kind of soul-crushing abuse.

Skyblade

...I'm honestly still curious about your characters' backstories. But I don't want to press it.

Jetthebinturong

You can PM me for them if you want.

Skyblade

Jetthebinturong

The question is not whether I mind, it's whether you mind the answers given.

Faiyloe

Personally I tend to leave the soul crushing for the story. In a way it is a lot crueler this way than if they had a bad past. It is like taking some one who is used to living in Florida and teleporting them to Alaska. They don't know how to deal with the cold because they have never had to before. It hits them a lot harder.

Edith, Her father gets arrested because she made a mistake. then her home town is taken by barbarians and the area is going to be the focal point for a great battle. Her Grandmother goes missing and her village is sacked.

Most of my characters in Siyer have tragic endings. But that stuff is more like the Silmarillion. The innocent die, the good are punished, and the bad get away with it for thousands of years. If you wan't bad family history that is the place to find it.   :P
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

I like to have healthy doses of suffering throughout my stories too, but nothing says their backstories can't be dark too.

DestinedDiscord

8D
I love my ocs too much to let them die-
And the ones I make die, I end up feeling super guilty about it

Have one character who was supposed to die and I changed it; which ended up changing the whole plot of the story as well xD
Random Artist and Fangirl!
oHo Have accidentally fallen into the Gravity Falls fandom. ((Get it? 'falls'? Jk pun not intended))

Lady Ashenwyte

Does making an OC who is addicted to a substance and then dies horribly in front of his young children count? Or making a character who has been abused and is killed by a ballista bolt?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong