News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

ShadowFlame/Kouen/Oliver's Art

Started by Oliver Swiftstream, January 10, 2014, 05:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Swiftstream

Just putting all of my Aliases in the Title, since i'll be pulling art from my personal DA account.

Heres a sig I made of my three characters.

and nowww...

Dallas Irontail, my woodmaster/carpenter/architect, and large River Otter.

Bradley Steelwall, current Champion of Redwall @ one of the forums I go for RPing. This drawing is a year older than the first, so there were many improvements in the first picture. :)

My main OC, Oliver Swiftstream! He's a wrestler/boxer squirrel with a bit of bloodwrath. (Been approved at every forum I been to just because I made it have great weaknesses. I don't want an OP character in RP's, that's not fun.)

I haven't finished drawing him yet, but here's a rough draft of what I have.

Kino-Attero Motunga Redtail, my pure evil, cannibalistic, and psychotic Monitor Lizard. He's very angry and loves to eat hares and otters. He tortures his victims in any way he can.

Rusvul

Nice! I really like the style of art. The lizard seems like kind of a jerk... not a guy I'd want to meet down a dark alley... Or anywhere, for that matter.
...Is there any possibility that you'd be open to requests? :P

Oliver Swiftstream

Thank you very much! Yes, I tried to make him as opposite of the good scale as possible. He was my first and only vermin character, so I went all out with it. He's big, slow moving when it comes to fighting, but strong like a badger. When I say slow, I mean his charge you can hear him stomping when he's in full sprint because of how big and heavy I made him. xD

Yes, I am always open to requests! I have two characters that I was working on before I took a break from drawing cause of the end of school semester + Holidays. They are almost done and just needed to be colored. If you have a character that you want done, I will certainly do my best and draw him (or her.)

The Redwall TV series inspired me to draw in this style.

Oliver Swiftstream

Expanding on requests.. These are some of them I did a few years ago when I was learning to draw, getting better, more active in my art you could say.. xD

Redwaller

Leatho Shellhound

I like your art a lot!!

Since you take requests, could you maybe do my Redwall Role-Play character?

Name: Járnsmiður (Blacksmith in lcelandic) for short Jarn (meaning iron)

Species: Water Shrew

Rank: Squire to Sir Gawain, the son of Log-a-Log the Shrew Chief and a Master Blacksmith.

Weapons: War hammer and a black iron shortsword.

Apperance: His fur is like any other water shrew but with more grey in it, his eyes are blue with a green tint. He wears a red and purple checkered tunic over his chain mail. With small brown shoes and has a silver earing in his left ear. He has a black belt with his sword scabbard on his left hip. He also has a black cloak when the weather is bad.

Personality: He does not speek much, but when he does he speeks his mind. Looks on the cloudy side of things.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Oliver Swiftstream

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 10, 2014, 06:58:55 PM
I like your art a lot!!

Since you take requests, could you maybe do my Redwall Role-Play character?

Name: Járnsmiður (Blacksmith in lcelandic) for short Jarn (meaning iron)

Species: Water Shrew

Rank: Squire to Sir Gawain, the son of Log-a-Log the Shrew Chief and a Master Blacksmith.

Weapons: War hammer and a black iron shortsword.

Apperance: His fur is like any other water shrew but with more grey in it, his eyes are blue with a green tint. He wears a red and purple checkered tunic over his chain mail. With small brown shoes and has a silver earing in his left ear. He has a black belt with his sword scabbard on his left hip. He also has a black cloak when the weather is bad.

Personality: He does not speek much, but when he does he speeks his mind. Looks on the cloudy side of things.

Thank you very much! Yes I can do that for you, just give me a little time to finish up the other requests I'm doing and I will get to yours right when I finish. :P

Russano the Wise

Great drawings, Oliver! They look amazing!
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

MeadowR

It's interesting how your interests in weightlifting and suchlike have influenced the way you draw the characters! I like the work you've put into these pictures, especially the coloured ones. :) That fox has a great face!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Oliver Swiftstream

Quote from: Russano the Wise on January 13, 2014, 03:05:37 PM
Great drawings, Oliver! They look amazing!

Thank you very much!

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on January 14, 2014, 02:40:45 PM
It's interesting how your interests in weightlifting and suchlike have influenced the way you draw the characters! I like the work you've put into these pictures, especially the coloured ones. :) That fox has a great face!

Yeah, it did seem kind of obvious. :P

Yeah with the line of work I'm working towards getting into, I have to study a lot of anatomy, so I can know which body part works with what exercise, or what injury causes the body part to act a certain way. Or why a body part grows a certain way when you work against some kind of resistance.

With that said, instead of just reading over and studying these body parts, I took it to the next level and started my whole drawing journey by drawing out anatomy charts. I notice I get the best improvement in my art when I practice anatomy charts in different poses. They will always be my reference. :)

Thank you very much in regards to complimenting my coloring. The worst areas of drawing I always had problems with is shading/coloring, and drawing scenery/background images. I had to practice a lot and use a lot of coloring tutorials to get it down right. I'm very far from the advanced cel-shading and regular shading techniques. It'll be a few years before I get it down the way I really want it.

Yes that fox was the first one I ever drew, it took me some time to get it down right. That comment means a lot to me. :P