News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Norham's Scribbles!

Started by Norham Waterpaw, January 24, 2014, 02:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Since I draw stuff in my spare time, what do you want to see more of?

Video Game fan-art, cause you're a gamer.
4 (19%)
Random Redwall guys in random poses.
8 (38.1%)
Book fan-art. Be forewarned, I haven't read many other series.
3 (14.3%)
Doodles. Could be stuff I thought up in class, or something that the Cellars brought to life.
4 (19%)
Elephant butts are not an option, Rus. If you vote here, *Liam Neeson voice* I will find you, and I will kill you.
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Norham Waterpaw

Here's Tyrull!

And here's One of Many!

His legs were a little more wolf-like before I shaded them. Now you can't really see the fur.  :P
Anyways, I hope you both like them!  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

No Probs! He was fun to draw. It was a challenge, trying to figure out how to do it, but I think it worked out.  ;D

Well, if you guys want stuff done: PLEASE MAKE YOUR REQUESTS NOW.
Next week, I have lots of free time. This weekend, I will not. So please, if you want some drawings done, tell me now, so I can have them done by next week.

Thanks!  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Tam and Martin

Can you do this guys for me?

Name: Sculrig

Species: Red Fox

Weapons: Scimitar, Dirk, and Bow with arrows.

Physical Description: Sculrig is Tall, Strong and Sinewy with Orange-Red fur and a slight tint of Black fur at the paws. A long scar runs from his left brow to his left cheek, straight through his eye. His left eye is a normal eye with a yellow iris but his right is a milky white orb. He speaks with a deep and gruff voice.

Clothing description: Sculrig wears a tunic of sandy brown with blotches of Grog stains on it. A flat cap of Sandy Brown also is worn on his head. He wears a broad, black buckle belt tied around his waist with his dirk thrust through the right side of the belt and the scimitar through the left. Two big black Sea boots are worn on his feet. His quiver of arrows are shouldered and his bow is held in his paw.

You don't need to do the color parts if you don't want to. Thanks!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jetthebinturong

Awesome, the inaccuracies cannot be helped due to the nature of the information given (I blame the Nameless One) and I can see myself wearing that get-up
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

One question Are you any good at drawing squirrels? I haven't seen any. If you are not than don't worry I couldn't draw wildcats for a long time.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Norham Waterpaw

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I'm good at drawing squirrels. I can. . . But I just don't usually draw them. None of my requests have been squirrels, and few of my characters are squirrels, so that's why I don't draw them as much.

Rainshadow

Awesome art, Norham!  I loved the shading of One of Many.

I was wondering if I could do a large-ish request?  Three characters, two in the same drawing and one in the other.

The two-beast drawing
Lucas Bur
Name:  Lucas Bur
Species:  Rat
Age:  Undetermined, but somewhere in his thirties or forties.
Physical Appearance:  Short grey-blond fur covers the lanky beast's body, and his eyes are bright blue.
Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.
Personality:  Lucas is polite and annoyingly friendly, and on the surface, he seems like he'd make a great friend.  However, Shem doesn't feel this way, and that disappoints Lucas quite a bit.
[close]
Shem Colter, played by Rainshadow
Name:  Shem Colter
Species:  Otter
Physical Appearance:  Shem is a tall, muscular otter with dark brown fur.  His headfur hangs into emerald green eyes, and he has a light brown muzzle, throat, and belly.
Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe of the same colour as his trousers is covering his tunic, but isn't tied on.
Personality:  The otter is smart and knows how to fight well, but doesn't like to hurt others.  He is kind and compassionate at heart, but through the seasons he's accumulated so much fear that he is known to lash out from time to time, thinking that somebeast's about to attack him.  He gets frequent headaches and can often be found talking to his "imaginary friend", Lucas Bur, who he despises.
[close]

Could you draw Lucas being friendly and Shem either glaring at him, rather annoyed, or ignoring him?  (Oh, and Shem is at least a head taller than Lucas.)
[close]
  And then the single beast request...

Chief Artur Greenwick
Name:  Chief Artur Greenwick
Species:  Hare
Physical Appearance:  Artur, or Chief, as many call him, is a short and round hare, but don't let his appearance fool you.  Before he started the mental hospital, he was the chief medical officer in the Long Patrol, and he was one of the best boxers around.  The hare has ginger fur that's starting to grey at the tips, sparkling blue eyes, and his whiskers are curled into a rather dashing mustache.
Clothing:  A white, collared tunic under a dark grey shirt, and matching dark grey trousers.  He also wears a pair of thick spectacles, which slide down his nose quite often.
Personality:  Jolly and cheerful, Artur is quite a fine beast to hang around.  However, around many of the patients, he can be... well, honestly, he can be rather harsh.  He doesn't permit any funny business to happen in the wings, and is ready to crack down on anybeast who disobeys the rules.
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Wylder Treejumper

Ar! Tis nae fair! Ah'm surrounded by artists, whil ah cannae draw worth a shrim'berry pie!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Norham Waterpaw

Wylder, I won't go on a "follow your heart" rant, but to be honest, I used to think that way too.
When I was a kid (Under 13 years old) I was always jealous of my big Sister. She could draw way better than me (She still can), but eventually I just started drawing with my own style, not trying to mimic someone else.

I kept doing that, and kept. . . Well, just drawing!  ;D And now here I am.

Just keep drawing, even if you think you're not good. I don't think I'm that good, but people like the way I draw. You don't have to be good to be appreciated.  ;)

The Skarzs

There is not right or wrong way to draw, Wylder. Learn to express yourself in your drawings; that makes them interesting. Also, everyone has their own style. For example: Nor's style is Nor's style. My style is way different from his, but it is my own style. To some it might be garbage (no offense) and to others: masterpieces. Art is in the eyes of the beholder; if you think your drawings are good, why should anyone tell you different? It's their loss at not seeing art.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 23, 2014, 01:39:41 AM
...but eventually I just started drawing with my own style, not trying to mimic someone else.

Whereas I took the opposite route.  I started off drawing with my own style (when I was, like, six, and my style was stick figures :P), then copied one of my friend's styles when it came to dragons and people, got a book and started copying THAT style of dragon, and that's how I came to how I draw dragons now.  As for Redwall stuff, I tried to draw them my own way, but that sucked.  Then I saw Brook's tutorial and figured out how to draw heads.  I kinda copied Leatho's way of drawing the bodies, then just grew into my own style.  I still copy other people's styles quite often to improve and change my art (which is why it looks WAAAAYYYYYYY different nowadays than it did in 2012), but... yeah.

The moral of this ridiculously long and rather pointless story is, yeah, you can copy other art styles if you want to, 'cause it can actually help you improve.  In the end, though, you'll just be forming your own style and it will most likely look just like you, not like anyone else.  ;)

(And no, copying art is not plagiarism!  I just would look at the way someone drew paws and go, "Ooh, I wanna draw paws like that."  Then I see how another person drew shirts and go, "I like that, so I think I'm gonna try drawing like that."  No plagiarism!  Just... mixing and matching.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Sculrig is done! He shall be uploaded soon!

Now for Rainshadow's impossible requests.  ;D

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 24, 2014, 01:37:29 AM
Sculrig is done! He shall be uploaded soon!

Now for Rainshadow's impossible requests.  ;D

*Giggles maniacally*