"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

My strange computer set-up

Started by Luftwaffles, June 17, 2020, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Luftwaffles on July 12, 2020, 04:46:18 AM
So... this is a bit of an odd one.

I had these two Samsung Galaxy phones thrown away in the back of my desktop drawer and, since I had deemed them both as "not working", I hadn't really paid any attention to them... until this very afternoon, when I decided to try my luck with them once more.

The white one (Galaxy Young 2) didn't even acknowledge charging, whilst the black one (model unknown) simply refused to turn on, despite it having a full battery... so I went full MacGyver on them and switched parts around, resulting in a quaint (yet hardly ideal) mini set-up, which requires me to charge my battery on the black phone and use it on the white one. It's really not very handy, but dang it! I love it precisely because of that.

No devise will be discarded under my watch :r

I will always be impressed by your insistence to never give up on a device ;D.

What is your favorite "wrong" way you have used a device?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 15, 2020, 07:53:46 PM
Quote from: Luftwaffles on July 12, 2020, 04:46:18 AM
So... this is a bit of an odd one.

I had these two Samsung Galaxy phones thrown away in the back of my desktop drawer and, since I had deemed them both as "not working", I hadn't really paid any attention to them... until this very afternoon, when I decided to try my luck with them once more.

The white one (Galaxy Young 2) didn't even acknowledge charging, whilst the black one (model unknown) simply refused to turn on, despite it having a full battery... so I went full MacGyver on them and switched parts around, resulting in a quaint (yet hardly ideal) mini set-up, which requires me to charge my battery on the black phone and use it on the white one. It's really not very handy, but dang it! I love it precisely because of that.

No devise will be discarded under my watch :r

I will always be impressed by your insistence to never give up on a device ;D.

What is your favorite "wrong" way you have used a device?

Well, this all started when I had to hook up a malfunctioning mouse on a malfunctioning tablet, resulting on a jittery mess that would just rebel against every instruction given to it... so, probably that one XD
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

shisteer of nothing much

It sounds interesting. Mice are generally not very tame.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Matthias720

At least it wasn't a trackball mouse. :P

What? Is my 90's showing? ;D

Verdauga

Wait, the mouse with a little ball in it?
The kind I'm using right now?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Matthias720

shisteer of nothing much

What's wrong with a trackball mouse?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

The trackball can get gunked up and... not function. It also isn't as sensitive as a laser mouse.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Oh. Fair enough. I've never had or used a trackball mouse.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!