News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pet Rats

Started by Nightfire, November 07, 2011, 03:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Okay, seeing as how I have FINALLY found someone else with pet rats, I made this topic. If you have pet rats, or just love pet rats, post here. And PLEASE, no posting anything against rats! Contrary to popular belief, rats are cute, friendly, and never bite if handled properly.

I have had the privelige of being owned by nine pet rats in my life, and I consider myself a better person for it.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

I don't really want a rat much, but if I ever had one I'd call it Cluny for sure.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Flandor

I want rats soooo bad.  My mother never let me keep them, and now that I live on my own I'm putting away money for a cage :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Plugg Firetail

Yeah rats are my favorite rodent.

Nightfire

I have had nine rats in my life:

Twitch, who was a lot like Laterose of Noonvale.
Minnie, who was a lot like Cornflower.
Lucy, who was exactly like Mariel in every way.
Phantom, who sadly never lived long enough for his personality to be defined.
Mhera, who was exactly like her namesake in every way.
Igor, who acted exactly like Cluny the Scourge.
Silver, who was exactly like Twitch, only...silvery.
Jet, who is still alive today, and has a personality exactly like me.
Misty, who is still alive today, and acts like a female version of Gonff the Mousthief.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Romsca

I had a pet rat named Remy

Rainshadow

I want either a rat or a mouse, but I own a dog, so I probably shouldn't get one.  And I don't have the money for one currently, but it's definitely a dream of mine to get a rodent!  If I got a rat, I'd probably name it after a character from Redwall.  Not sure which one, but most likely it'd be a Redwall character.  Either that or the Doctor.  ;)  Or possibly Sherlock, but I don't know...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tam and Martin

No offense, but I hate rats. We have a barn and they are infesting it, knocking things over, chewing on things, making holes in spots we don't want them to and so on.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

Yes, I don't like wild rats, but domestic ones are cute.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

My rat only cost about sixty to seventy dollars, cage, supplies and bedding for a while included, so they're not that expensive.

Orinoco

I absolutly adore rats, whether wild or domestic. I have a female Dumbo rat. Dumbo (also known as Elephant-eared) rats have larger ears than Fancy rats (the ones usually seen at the pet store).
Interesting Fact: Female rats are known as does, males are bucks, and young are pups or kits.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Romsca

My rat was a dumbo rat too!

Slagar Mc Muffin

i live with a siamese rat ,napolyon,and i love him.first,i never wanted a rat,im more with mouses,rabbits and geckos,but his former owner was an idiot with a brain like a egg yolk- thees supergenius thougt it would be enough to feed your rat 1 day per week and its not necessary to clean the voliere >:( so ive taken napolyon  away from him,and i cant remember the ratless times ;D now he lives with his twin brother,who belongs to my friend

but,i have a question: live your rats alone? i mean,theyre so social animals wich cant live without their mates...

please feed my kitty- thank you!
A lovely message to all the haters in the world : Keep your awesomely big nose into your own buisness!  sincerely,amy ^^

Romsca

I took my rat out of its cage like 20 minutes a day and played with it. I didn't need to get other rats

Orinoco

Rats can live by themselves as long as you can supply them with plenty of attention. I play with my girl for around an hour and a half every evening (she sleeps all day).
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young