News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Your least favourite Redwall book

Started by Tiria Wildlough, September 22, 2011, 01:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one is it?

Lord Brocktree
3 (3.3%)
Martin the Warrior
3 (3.3%)
Mossflower
3 (3.3%)
The Legend of Luke
1 (1.1%)
The Outcast of Redwall
5 (5.4%)
Mariel of Redwall
3 (3.3%)
The Bellmaker
4 (4.3%)
Salamandastron
2 (2.2%)
Redwall
9 (9.8%)
Mattimeo
8 (8.7%)
Pearls of Lutra
2 (2.2%)
The Long Patrol
0 (0%)
Marlfox
1 (1.1%)
Taggerung
4 (4.3%)
Triss
4 (4.3%)
Loamhedge
13 (14.1%)
Rakkety Tam
1 (1.1%)
High Rhulain
1 (1.1%)
Eulalia!
10 (10.9%)
Doomwyte
8 (8.7%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rogue Crew
7 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Faiyloe

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 25, 2013, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: Romsca on November 22, 2013, 11:43:56 PM
Yeah, there were too many badgers in one place at one time
But the most Badgers there ever was at one time in Eualia! was three; just three. That was all....that really isn't too many.

I forget what happened in that one but if there where two male grown badgers in one place then that would be to much.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Faiyloe on February 06, 2014, 01:28:31 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 25, 2013, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: Romsca on November 22, 2013, 11:43:56 PM
Yeah, there were too many badgers in one place at one time
But the most Badgers there ever was at one time in Eualia! was three; just three. That was all....that really isn't too many.

I forget what happened in that one but if there where two male grown badgers in one place then that would be to much.
But only one of the male badgers in that book were eligible to get the bloodwrath. The other two male badgers were pretty old.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

321tumbler

I loved that book!

I'd have to say one that I got confused of was Outcast of Redwall because it took so long to get to Veil.

Wylder Treejumper

Tie between Loamhedge and the Rogue Crew. I hate both of them.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Firetail

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 27, 2013, 04:36:18 AM
Quote from: Firetail on November 26, 2013, 04:08:22 PM
I don't like redwall ( the book) it's ....... Boring. ( I hate 2 say it!)
*Gasp* You think its boring? Redwall of all books!? REDWALL!!?? ;D
It's not that think redwall is boring, I love it
What I mean is its ( i think ) the most boring out of the series- wonderful compared to any other book!
I love my bunny Benny, and my dogs max & Bella
REDWALL IS THE BEST

Delthion

Either Pearls of Lutra or the Rogue Crew. For some reason the death of whats-her-name in Lutra really depressed me for awhile, and with the Rogue Crew there wasn't much fighting, they spent their entire time getting to Redwall after getting all of the leadership figured out and then the fight didn't last for a day, and the hedgehog I think it was, was terrible, I really didn't like that character.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I didn't like Mattimeo nearly as much as some others. I thought Mattimeo was a brat, I was used to seeing Matthias as a kid and not a real adult, and didn't care for Slagar that much.

I'm retired from the forum

clunylooney

Wow! 6 years!

I enjoyed all of the redwall books, but if I had to choose a least favorite it would definitely be Mariel of Redwall. The main villain was barely in it and the journey to terramort was kinda boring. I think the good guys in this story were good, but not super memorable. My favorite storyline was the Graypatch storyline. That was awesome.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Wylder Treejumper

Wow, it is strange to see one of my posts from so long ago close to a new post. How the times have changed...

But I still say that Loamhedge has one of the most monumentally nonsensical resolutions of all of the books that I have read. The titular location turns out to be absolutely irrelevant to... anything. Add to that the forgettable villain and generally boring rising action and you get a rather poorly conceived book. It is saved only by the fact that Brian Jacques' prose is so lush that it can cover a multitude of errors.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

clunylooney

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 07, 2020, 05:27:17 PM
Wow, it is strange to see one of my posts from so long ago close to a new post. How the times have changed...

But I still say that Loamhedge has one of the most monumentally nonsensical resolutions of all of the books that I have read. The titular location turns out to be absolutely irrelevant to... anything. Add to that the forgettable villain and generally boring rising action and you get a rather poorly conceived book. It is saved only by the fact that Brian Jacques' prose is so lush that it can cover a multitude of errors.
I haven't read Loamhedge yet  :)
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me