News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Are you left or right handed?

Started by DanielofRedwall, November 14, 2011, 09:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a right or left handed writer?

Right
26 (68.4%)
Left
8 (21.1%)
Ambidextrous
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

DanielofRedwall

So, are you left or right handed? Go by the hand you write with. If you do different things with different hands, you can post them up here, but vote for the hand you write with.

I'm a left handed writer, and I do everything left handed except guitar.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not only right-handed, I'm right sided. I can't do anything well with my left hand.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

Coobreedan

Right handed. What is the big long word at the bottom of the poll?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Coobreedan on November 14, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
Right handed. What is the big long word at the bottom of the poll?

that means both handed bally 'ole chap
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on November 14, 2011, 08:21:25 PM
Yeah. And I'm ambidextrous.  ;D
Sweet! So is my 6 year old brother...the rest of us are righties.
I'm curious. For you musicians out there, have you noticed if you are able to use your weaker hand better than non-musicians? I've been wondering that because technically those of us who play musical instruments do have to be able to use our weak hands well.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

^

I can play a few songs left handed on guitar, but I'm not very good left handed!

Icefire

I didn't know there was a difference between right handed and left handed on a guitar! I play piano and clarinet and I used to play saxophone. With Clarinet and Saxophone, your hands are being worked equally....or you're using you left hand more. With piano, both hands are required to work. Even though my left hand is weaker than my right hand, I wonder if I can use it better than someone who's never played a musical instrument like that.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

thts true ice fire. btw im right handed.

i play a little piano, drums, percussion...violin....well sum other stuff but i dont feel like wrighting it out -_- (truthfully...i cant spell out wut else i can play lol)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Icefire on November 15, 2011, 03:16:45 PM
I didn't know there was a difference between right handed and left handed on a guitar!
A left handed guitar is pretty much a right handed guitar, but changed so the left hand does the strumming. The lower strings are still on the top. So, if you played a righ handed guitar left handed it would seem like the guitar is the wrong way around and visa versa.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Nightfire on November 14, 2011, 08:21:25 PM
Yeah. And I'm ambidextrous.  ;D
I am sort of...My right hand is stronger though.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Folgrimeo

Left-handed person here. I even got the Lefty Notebook where you go from the end to the beginning, flipping pages to the right instead of the left. Gives the left hand room to write and draw. Eventually I started doing that to my spiral-bound sketchpad, using it upside-down so my hand wouldn't rest on the spirals.

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D