News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

If Brian Wrote another Redwall book....

Started by Firewall978, November 14, 2011, 11:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewall978

If Brian Jacques Wrote another Redwall book would you wish that it has new characters, or bring back some? If you wish that he brought back some character, who would they be? and perhaps a possible plot?

For me I would with that he would bring back Martin the warrior, and have it as a sequel to "The legend of Luke" Where he brings gonff to continue his journey to remember his past, and he stumbles on the ashes of Marshank, and finds Noonvale again, and so remembers Rose.

Skalrag of Marshank

I would love to see some old characters back, and was kinda upset when Mr. Jacques stopped writing about things out of chronological order. I really like seeing characters again.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

daskar666

I'd want it to have a backstory that connects Triss to Loamhedge, Rakkety Tam, High Rhulain, Eulalia!, Doomwyte, the Sable Quean, and the Rogue Crew.

Captain Tammo

I'd like to see many of the survivors of Marshank's stories. Or another story about Tammo
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Firewall978

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 15, 2011, 12:28:00 AM
I'd like to see many of the survivors of Marshank's stories. Or another story about Tammo

That actually might work... It would be called "Noonvale", since all the survivers of marshank (Except Clogg) went to go live in Noonvale...

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

I would love to see Rake Nightfur and the Rouge Crew back.

For a setting, I'd like to see Southsward or even Noonvale re-appear. Somewhere other then Redwall and Salamandastron. Redwall and Salamandastron can still have part of the plot, but not the main part. The names Southsward, Noonvale or Castle Floret would make great names for the book.

For a plot, something a bit out of the ordinary. Perhaps this time a vermin horde are invading Southsward or, even better, Noonvale. Can you imagine that? A vermin horde bent on claiming Noonvale! Noonvale doesn't have warriors of their own to protect themselves, so it would be awesome! They can ask the Salalmandastron Long Patrol through a bird or something and a few Redwallers can act on a dream from Martin. I can see this happening definitely.

Those are just some of my ideas...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Plugg Firetail

Truthfully, I would want a prequel. The Legend of Luke. Imagine, Vilu Daskar, younger, smarter, faster. Fighting some other hero. It would be awesome!

Taggerung The Otter

make it like a secret passage way frame Salamandastron and Redwall
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Folgrimeo

I want another book on Mattimeo.

Martin already got three books (Mossflower, Martin the Warrior, The Legend of Luke), Matthias already got two (Redwall, Mattimeo), even Mariel got two (Mariel of Redwall, The Bellmaker), so why is Mattimeo stuck with only one? I never felt he got to show off his worth in that book, having spent most of it enslaved or locked up. Pearls of Lutra would have been a good opportunity, but no, we got Mattimeo's son instead. I want Mattimeo himself doing something really heroic and saving the day.

winifred

I agree.That would be intresting about mattimeo
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Plugg Firetail

Yes, Mattimeo didn't really get remembered. I would certainly have put him in the place of Martin II. We could've had a better protanganist than just "I'm the best at everything, look, I can't be hypnotized."

Lord Brock

I would like to see a book with Rakkety Tam in his homeland. Maybe a vermin band takes over, and he has to liberate his home?
"We'll teach 'em the art o' war, mate!"
"Aye, an' 'twill be the 'ardest lesson they ever learned!"

Log-a-Log

I'd like to see a book about the badger lords before Lord Brocktree, like Bluestripe the Wild or those other ones
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart