News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Matthias720, November 15, 2011, 02:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

For those of you who don't know, Minecraft is a sandbox/building game that has taken the internet by storm. The game is set to be fully released on Friday, and I'm quite excited!

Are there any other Minecraft players here? If so, what's your favorite thing do do while playing?

Oh, and an obligatory screenshot:

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I got the beta on Friday.
Have you seen the End?
For a game with no storyline or plot, it certainly displays a good deal of philosophy behind a canonical universe.
Very incredible. And Notch finally got a dragon in the game. Always expected that.

Returning to my granary/mill, farm and in-construction pit. Don't like farming though, so that's falling apart.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Congrats on getting Minecraft. I'll see if I can get you hooked up with a server I'm on, if you're interested.

Plugg Firetail

Nice to finally find some Minecraft players. I tried playing the classic but it doesn't work. I heard Terraria was like it. I bought it on a Steam Sale day but sadly its nowhere near Minecraft.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Do you have Java installed? That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent Classic from running.

For myself, I'll have to reinstall Java and Minecraft tomorrow, the game keeps crashing, in browser or download.

Plugg Firetail

I had Java installed. It kept wanting to reopen my browser until finally it had to stop doing it because it would run on forever.

Update:It works

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Minecraft 1.0.0 has been released! If anyone missed it, it can be viewed here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212578p1.html

Lot of awesome stuff going on over in Las Vegas this weekend. Minecraft: Pocket Edition released accidently earlier, Cobalt/Scrolls demos, deadmau5 and BebopVox there, Minecraft on the xbox available too.
Would be nice to be there

Matthias720

I was bummed that I couldn't be at Minecon, but at least I watched the keynote while it happened. 8)

Now to play the game into the ground (if that's even possible).

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Minecraft has been listed by Time as one of the 50 greatest inventions of the year for 2011, and has just been listed as the greatest video game of the year on Time. Other reviews since its full release are very good.
Also, it will be one of 80 games (plus five special playable ones) featured in the Smithsonian's Art of Video Games exhibition next year. Link.

In other, perhaps more important news, Notch has stepped down as lead on Minecraft and now Jeb has that position. He says he'll rest, and work on something else.
And Jakob hired someone who will work on NPC villagers' AIs, making them smarter than their current state.

And LEGO will be producing Minecraft pieces.

Matthias720

LEGO Minecraft sets; the world will gain a level of awesome when they are released. 8)

Taggerung_of_Redwall

And of course Minecrafters beat out LEGO's support record of 1000 in 55 less days, with 10x the supporters.

Minecraft update! Jeb posted a Development Snapshot

Using the new egg items:

Captures the feeling you get when you know you need to run if survival is the idea.

Some pigs

And apparently you can set a ghast on fire.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Notch completed Minicraft tonight. He made it in the last 48 hours for Ludum Dare.
It's not minecraft, but it relates very similarly. Like a watered down low-tech version.