News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Roleplaying Questions

Started by Rose of Noonvale, July 01, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

I think he means that he wants to add music to the battle scenes.  That would sound sort of cool, but I don't know.  It would take longer because you would have to listen to it, then post.  Also it would take up a lot of space.  Though, if you want to add music, you could do what AbbotAlf does.  He puts a theme for the RP in the OOC sign up.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

mattimouse20

sweet! i was thinking like add a link to a youtube video just before your post on rp's
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Romsca

Hey I struggle with coming up with the perfect name for my characters. Any tips?

W0NWILL

Anagrams, translate something that describes the character, say random things that sound good, there's loads of things to do.

Rainshadow

I usually use common words, such as Dusk, Rain, Shadow, Jag, etc.  Another thing I use is names of fictional cities, like Linhir and Valmar.  I use normal names and words from different languages as well.  There's a bunch of ways to come up with names.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Rainshadow

Romsca

What are those fictional cities from?

Rainshadow

Lord of the Rings.  I believe both of them are elven cities.

Romsca

Cool! Do you think I could name a character Lórien?

Rainshadow

If you want to, you can.  :)

Romsca

Well it's the only Lord of the Rings city I know of  :P (other than the Shire and Mordor and Laketown from the Hobbit)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Romsca on January 01, 2013, 05:25:28 AM
Well it's the only Lord of the Rings city I know of  :P (other than the Shire and Mordor and Laketown from the Hobbit)

Lord of the Rings Wiki.  It helps a bunch.  ;)

Romsca

Thanks!  ;) I actually do know more than those...but those were the first that came to mind

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: W0NWILL on December 31, 2012, 10:38:21 PM
Anagrams, translate something that describes the character, say random things that sound good, there's loads of things to do.

Yes, like Chelonia Mydas, is latin for Green Sea Turtle. And Featherwood is a type of tree. Hillack was just random (as was Muchlik). Stonefeet and Deathtail just fit their characters.

So just put words to getter or add more letters to words or take words in another language.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner