News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Please make your posts count!

Started by Captain Tammo, August 04, 2019, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hey everybody,

Quite a few members have brought to mine and my team's attention that the traditional nonsense of the cellars and forum games sections are spilling over into the boards that are meant to be taken seriously. Please remember what the forum rules state about S.P.A.M. (Stupid Pointless or Annoying Messages) in rule 9, and about flooding discussions outside the cellars and forum games sections in the rules of posting note 4.

The staff team and I are going to be combing through the discussion boards and trying to get discussions back on track over the next several days. Please respect the areas reserved for sincere conversation and keep the nonsensical posts in their designated areas of the forum.

Sometimes discerning what is okay and what isn't okay to post in a reply is tricky. Certainly not to pick on any one or group of people, here are some examples of what the forum rules might define as S.P.A.M. or "flooding" a discussion board:

Example 1: nonsensical, short replies on a discussion board in the Front Lawns.

Example 2: flooding or double-posting.

Example 3: going off topic is okay if the conversation steers that way organically. BUT when it goes off topic with the short, silly replies it's a sign that it's time to reel things back in.

You're not a burden or mean for reporting a post. Only people with mod privileges can see reports. The report button is not for just emergencies.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior