News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Princess Bride

Started by Sebias of Redwall, May 17, 2020, 09:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

This is where we all can discuss about how great The Princess Bride is.  ;D
Spoiler
[close]
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

And also post a lot of memes.

So, first up, book or movie?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

I haven't read the book yet, but I like the movie. (Now to find all those memes I posted on Discord...)

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Plus all the ones you posted on here.

As I said... somewhere..., the movie is one of the best adaptations I've seen of anything. It may be just because I'm not as familiar with the book as I am with other things, and so didn't remember all the book details, but the movie is awesome. I kept laughing at bits that wouldn't be funny if you didn't understand what was going on.  :D

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Heh. I was reading them out to Dad and Moa and he pointed out that the first one was prophetic. Everybeast does wear masks.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

MeadowR

YES this film (and book). Classic!! ;D Got the video when me and my siblings were young children and grew up with it, so it has a special place in our hearts. :p First read the book a few years back. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: MeadowR on May 18, 2020, 01:03:03 PM
YES this film (and book). Classic!! ;D Got the video when me and my siblings were young children and grew up with it, so it has a special place in our hearts. :p First read the book a few years back. :)
Nice! Glad you think so.  ^-^

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 18, 2020, 12:58:00 PM
Heh. I was reading them out to Dad and Moa and he pointed out that the first one was prophetic. Everybeast does wear masks.
*Spit take* You showed 'em?! *Faints* Is nothing I do a secret? Huh?!  :laugh: (Glad they enjoyed it, though)

Favorite character from the Princess Bride, anyone?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

As I've said, I'm not sure.

I checked the book earlier and the mask quote isn't there, sadly. Must have been added for the movie.

Sebias of Redwall

That's interesting. It's a good line.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

An even better line for anybody watching it within the past few months.

Sebias of Redwall

Heh. Indeed. So, Bookie, find any memes?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

You may post as many Princess Bride memes as you wish. Wanting to post none is inconceivable.

Or, as the book says: "Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True Love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest Ladies. Snakes. Spiders... Pain. Death. Brave men. Cowardly men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles."