Lots of announcements: June / July 2020

Started by Captain Tammo, June 10, 2020, 05:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hey everyone!

We have some exciting updates for everyone that we've been keeping secret for maybe too long. Honestly I'm surprised we haven't leaked anything at this rate. But here's what can share:

1. Staff Update
Maybe the biggest thing of note is the wonderful Cornflower MM has agreed to join the staff team as a local mod! Her choice of court to preside over? The Fan Fiction board! I know for me personally, this board always meant a lot to me as a member. So I'm especially excited to see what Corn does with it!

ALSO, we're still considering adding another member to the staff team. If you're interested or have any questions about what being a mod is like, please feel free to PM any one of us :)

2. Events coming up: short term
We won't say too much here, but the staff team is hoping to try out some new event / game / hybrid ideas in the June - July timeframe. We've been experimenting with shorter-term events, some one-off and series based projects lead by one staff member at a time, and collaborations with other communities. A lot of these have had success so we'd like to keep them going!

3. Tweaks, Changes, and Other Little Things
Since we've been having a lot of new people showing up, we posted a Meet the Staff thread in the announcements board (it's already due for an update now that Corn's joined the team)

We've also added some summaries / welcome threads on the forum boards. These will give a bit of a run-down on what each board is for and also show you if there are special rules for that board.

The Art Gallery thread is slowly and steadily being updated for the first time in a while. Special thanks to Rosie and Daniel for that one! And thank you, Skarzs, for the suggestion.

If you know of a forum you think we should collaborate with on some future events (big or small), let us know! We want to find new ways to bring the communities together.

Hope you guys had fun during the mini-celebration for the forum anniversary! We got some great ideas for the big 10-year from you guys via the trivia ;)

4. PSA about reviving threads
We've seen a lot of people bumping threads in the non-spam boards with posts that don't quite serve a purpose or contribute to a conversation. Just a reminder that if you're posting in the non-spam boards, try to make your post count! The reason we say this is so that the sincere discussions don't get eventually buried or pushed aside for more shenanigans spilling out of the cellars. Let us know if you have any questions about that, but for now these announcements have gone on for long enough!

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior