Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I got two pairs of super-cute fandom earrings for my birthday!  One pair is the Jedi symbol in gold-tone, and the other is the LotR leaf brooch.  Odd thing is, they sent me two identical leaf earrings, so they're both exactly the same rather than each being a mirror image of the other one.  But whatever, I'm still happy. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

That's so cool! It kind of makes me wish I had my ears pierced...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

What if you did?
*Holds up a red hot needle.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rosie Willowwater

*cue ear splitting scream combined with crying*

The Skarzs

Ear splitting is quite fitting in this situation.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

^ Lol.

Quote from: Maudie on September 26, 2017, 06:27:05 AM
That's so cool! It kind of makes me wish I had my ears pierced...
:D

I can't remember exactly - do you think it's wrong to pierce your ears, or is something else preventing you doing it? :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MeadowR

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 25, 2017, 10:24:04 PM
the other is the LotR leaf brooch.  Odd thing is, they sent me two identical leaf earrings, so they're both exactly the same rather than each being a mirror image of the other one.  But whatever, I'm still happy. ;D

That really amuses me for some reason. :P
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Maudie

@Jukka the Sling My parents didn't want me to get them pierced until I was twelve, and then when I asked to get them pierced they kept putting it off. Now the main reason I haven't gotten them pierced is because I don't want to get it done with a piercing gun but at the same time I don't want to go to a tattoo parlor to get them done. It's not that I'm not allowed to...it's just I haven't gotten around to it. :P ;D

Andy

What's wrong with the piercing gun? Having had piercings that were done both ways, the gun is definitely the faster and less painful way to do it for applicable ones like the typical ear piercing. It barely hurts or anything and is over like that.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Maudie

According to the internet it's not as sanitary or as precise. But hey, you actually have experience with both? No one I know does, so I haven't really had someone who can compare the two and say which is better.

Andy

As long as you go to someone reputable, it will be sanitary and it'll work fine. Seemed pretty precise to me, too. My ears were pierced with the gun (at a Walmart, actually), and I pierced my lip a couple times with the needles—those hurt the whole way through, and they're kinda long. Didn't hurt very much, but definitely more than the piercing gun, and definitely took longer. You can only really use the gun for ears, from my understanding, but for them, I would certainly recommend it over the needles. Just make sure you're going to someplace that's reputable, but you'd wanna do that for the needle method too.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 26, 2017, 06:45:45 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 25, 2017, 10:24:04 PM
the other is the LotR leaf brooch.  Odd thing is, they sent me two identical leaf earrings, so they're both exactly the same rather than each being a mirror image of the other one.  But whatever, I'm still happy. ;D

That really amuses me for some reason. :P
:D

Quote from: Maudie on September 26, 2017, 08:31:55 PM
@Jukka the Sling My parents didn't want me to get them pierced until I was twelve, and then when I asked to get them pierced they kept putting it off. Now the main reason I haven't gotten them pierced is because I don't want to get it done with a piercing gun but at the same time I don't want to go to a tattoo parlor to get them done. It's not that I'm not allowed to...it's just I haven't gotten around to it. :P ;D
Ah, I see.  My mom actually bought a piercing kit from Walmart and pierced my ears herself.  Probably the most annoying part was marking where to pierce, but once we'd finally drawn the dots in the correct places, it was easy (and hardly hurt).

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.