News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars ( and other Si-Fi works )

Started by Søren, April 04, 2012, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I see a lot of people have ether Star Wars pics or some thing like that. I just want to see if people like it. But please don't get to much into the other works. Just keep it to like Star Trek and Star Wars and Stuff like that. 8)

I'm retired from the forum

Wolfstar

Well for me I like both Star Wars and Star Trek.
Happy and kind.

rakkety tam

i absalutely love star wars star trek not so much
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwallfan7

Star Wars is okay, I like it but I don't love it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

I like Star Wars a lot, but I no longer actively seek out information about it.  The new Clone Wars TV show ruined too much of the previous continuity, so I've abandoned it. 

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

DeathRage

I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

Lily

Quote from: Bragoon on April 05, 2012, 02:24:59 AM
I like Star Wars a lot, but I no longer actively seek out information about it.  The new Clone Wars TV show ruined too much of the previous continuity, so I've abandoned it. 
I'm the same, but for me it was the prequels and the direction the expanded universe novels were headed that kind of turned me off. I've been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, I've seen the original trilogy more times than I care to admit and I read all of the expanded universe books up to Vector Prime. I have absolutely no interest in anything published after that. It was the end for me once they killed Chewbacca. :( It doesn't feel like Star Wars any more. I'm happy with my old movies and books and the Star Wars Lego video game. :) I haven't abandoned Star Wars, though, I still gleefully collected these when they came out:

Episode I definitely isn't my favourite moment in Star Wars history, but I still have good memories of when it came out, and look at how ADORABLE they are!

Primrosewarrior

OH MY GOSH. that was weird. As for me, I LOVE SW!

Bragoon

It irritated me the way they expanded post-Return of the Jedi events.  When Darth Vader killed the Emperor, it was supposed to "bring balance to the Force" because he was "The Chosen One", but they watered that down enormously with the re-introduction of the Sith when Jacen Solo fell, and then the whole fiasco with Cade Skywalker years later. 
And come on, Boba Fett ended up being a good guy?  I want my bounty-hunter Fett back. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Søren

I like it to. My favorite episode is number 3, and number 6. 8)
Quote from: Bragoon on April 05, 2012, 05:28:01 PM
It irritated me the way they expanded post-Return of the Jedi events.  When Darth Vader killed the Emperor, it was supposed to "bring balance to the Force" because he was "The Chosen One", but they watered that down enormously with the re-introduction of the Sith when Jacen Solo fell, and then the whole fiasco with Cade Skywalker years later. 
And come on, Boba Fett ended up being a good guy?  I want my bounty-hunter Fett back. 
There was more than the six episodes?

I'm retired from the forum

MatthiasMan

Star wars is cool, I've seen the movies like a bajillion times.

rakkety tam

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on April 05, 2012, 05:29:35 PM
I like it to. My favorite episode is number 3, and number 6. 8)
There was more than the six episodes?
no bragoon is talking abot the books
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Nightfire

I love Star Wars. And Boba Fett was never a good guy or bad guy, Bragoon. He was a bounty hunter, which meant he was neutral. When he finally sucked it up and took responsibility for the Mandalorians that he commanded, then I was glad.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lily

Yes. This is exactly why I just stopped reading. In my mind, none of that happened. I loved Jacen and Jaina, they were my favourite expanded universe characters. I read those Young Jedi Knights books when I was a kid. :)

This discussion has made me want to watch Star Wars again. I think I might have to do that some time this weekend.

Primrosewarrior

Boba turned good? he  was my favorite evil character!  >:(