News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabretache5611

Quote from: Lutra on July 22, 2011, 01:19:20 PM
^ I'm no expert in bow and arrow and haven't actually used one in years.  I wasn't trying to compare the medieval bow to the modern bow.  Cool facts all the same on their deadliness. :)  When reading the books, its pretty obvious how deadly the bow is...I don't believe many survive an arrow anywhere in their body.

True that.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

martins#1fan

I like broadswords, they are pretty awesome.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

They deal an heavy blow, but it takez a braw amount o' strength to wield them, nay tae mention they often zlow ye dan.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

martins#1fan

That's why only STRONG creatures use them........ Duh  ::)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

I still must say, a wooden staff is the best. Anybeast can use it, but only the skilled can successfully wield it and come out on top. Plus it's uses are infinite! :o
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 23, 2011, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Lutra on July 22, 2011, 01:19:20 PM
^ I'm no expert in bow and arrow and haven't actually used one in years.  I wasn't trying to compare the medieval bow to the modern bow.  Cool facts all the same on their deadliness. :)  When reading the books, its pretty obvious how deadly the bow is...I don't believe many survive an arrow anywhere in their body.

True that.
Like poor Cregga. *Sniff*
My favourite is either a sword, bow and arrows, or a good old staff. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dotti

I like the claymores (I like fencing duels) and boxing hares like Stiffener, and his twin grandsons (I think one was Bobweave???  Ack, can't remember their names.  >:( )  But I also like the little  sghian dhus (spelling?)  that Tam and Doogy used.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Dotti on August 28, 2011, 07:10:40 PM
I like the claymores (I like fencing duels) and boxing hares like Stiffener, and his twin grandsons (I think one was Bobweave???  Ack, can't remember their names.  >:( )   

Their names were Southpaw and Bobweave.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Venra

Captian rake Nightfur's Twin claymores. ;D

Skalrag of Marshank

I really like archery, but I am terrible at it. Martin the Warrior's sword is pretty cool.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I also really like daggers. The Sgain Dhu and the dirk are my favorite kinds of daggers. The big, curved sword that the searats tend to use are also awesome.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Log-a-Log

I feel that bows and arrows are the most useful weapon because they are the only weapon that can kill from very long range, especially longbows
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Cross bow rocks. I was veeeeeeery disappointed when it only showed up in Redwall...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy