News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

Crossbows are powerful, to be sure. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

tomswift123

My favorite is Martin's Sword.

WarriorOfMossflower

Window poles. Lol. And brooms.
Shard- "You mean to tell me that ye were defeated by mice waving broomsticks?"
Later, Captain Derron Fortindom- "My appologies for the mice."
Lol, I loved that part in Rakkety Tam and I've love the idea of mice defending the Abbey with broomsticks. Not very efficient, but funny. And you have to give the mice credit!
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Ajc3000fox

I think bows are super cool, despite not knowing how to use them.

I would probably pick any sword and sheild, the two are like bread and butter.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

SpiderMonkey

I'm quite partial to daggers.

Trigoma

The Taggerungs knife. Totally epikal.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Rusvul

Quote from: Bragoon on May 17, 2012, 11:34:34 PM
crossbows are cheating! a real archer uses a longbow, crossbows take no skill to shoot effectively! i am Rusvul the Sabre, i fight with my light sabre, (uncreatively named Fang) my three knives of the same build but in various sizes, and my body! if i am disarmed, whatever is at hand! that is more than one weapon i suppose. if i had to pick one weapon, it would be the sabre or the sling. i am actually pretty good with a sling irl. as for a sabre, i have been trying to make a good one, and they are looking like knives, not sabres. i would have to forge them a lot more to make a sabre i suppose....

Skipper

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 12:15:39 PM
crossbows are cheating! a real archer uses a longbow, crossbows take no skill to shoot effectively!
If it requires no skill then surely it is easier to use.

Rusvul

Quote from: Skipper on August 21, 2012, 06:04:05 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 12:15:39 PM
crossbows are cheating! a real archer uses a longbow, crossbows take no skill to shoot effectively!
If it requires no skill then surely it is easier to use.
it is! in medevail times it was considered a dishonorable weapon. it requires no skill at all whatsoever. loading it took more work than shooting. longbows are a very honoroble way of skewering your enemy.

Skipper

Yes But if your fighting for your life It would hardly matter if you used an honourable weapon or not.

Skalrag of Marshank

I've always been a fan of the good old-fashioned bow and arrow.  ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

W0NWILL

Same! I hate crossbows, though they're cool, bows are cooler. To load and fire a crossbow, you need to be totally ripped from the waist down, and the waist up you can be a wimp.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 21, 2012, 08:46:10 PM
I've always been a fan of the good old-fashioned bow and arrow.  ;D
me too. I also like daggers and swords.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Hmm, this is a toughy!  Let me see... well, I like the bow and arrows, daggers, hand-and-a-half swords, daggers, javelins, spears, and of course Martin's sword!  Oh!  I also like slings and throwing knives.  And staffs.  You can't forget staffs!  So... I pretty much like almost all of the weapons in the series!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

Quote from: Skipper on August 21, 2012, 07:12:58 PM
Yes But if your fighting for your life It would hardly matter if you used an honourable weapon or not.
you can only use a crossbow from a very far distance. if you arent in a tree or on a wall it is useless cause it takes literally a minute to load. a good archer with a longbow can fire off, i believe its 5 or six shots, if its lonna bowstripe, probably ten. (although irl thats not possible)