News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

No T.V.

Started by Redwaller, May 17, 2012, 11:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflor

I do not and I am proud of it .
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Redwaller

Quote from: Lutra on May 19, 2012, 12:36:22 AM
I do not have TV.  With most of the major networks broadcasting their shows online, its not impossible to find the episode if I missed it that week.  That's what's killing cable and broadcast tv.  Even then, there's not much interesting on these days.
Quote from: Trigoma on May 21, 2012, 08:54:09 PM
I don't have one at all. It is my family's standard not to get one.
Quote from: Dannflor on May 22, 2012, 12:20:08 AM
I do not and I am proud of it .
Quote from: Gears on May 18, 2012, 12:14:28 AM
No tv, and proud of it. You pretty much don't have to look up bad pics on the web, since they broadcast them on the tv like they're nothing.

I see that  some people don't! Hooray!  ;D

Dannflor

YEP I do not have a stupid tv .  :D :D :D
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Redwaller

AbbotAlf0805

I have a tv but all I use it for is watching Redwall on netflix and my wii
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

gorath

TV is mind boggling. I don't have one, and I am proud of it.
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Gonff

I don't have one either. After being at my cousins and watching one I'm also proud not to have one.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Mad Maudie

we have a tv but we don't get tv if you know what i mean? we only watch movies with the family that are parents got.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwaller

When you have a T.V. your always in front of it.  >:(

Flandor

Quote from: Redwaller on June 01, 2012, 01:03:36 PM
When you have a T.V. your always in front of it.  >:(

Now that's not true.  There is a thing called self-control.  I have a TV and enjoy watching DVDs often but I also read a lot, write, meditate, cook, play with my rats, etc.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwaller

Do you have cable?

And their's a lot of people that don't have self-control

Flandor

I cancelled my cable subscription because it went unwatched. 

And that's true, some people have to go cold turkey on things because they don't have any self-control.  I was just pointing out that you made a very broad statement there is all.  It's not the TV that's the problem, it's a lack of self-control.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer