News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Leatho Shellhound's Art Requests

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 11, 2012, 09:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

This was the very first I drew, and the one that started me on the idea! Wonderful book, and I had a very hard time settling on which scene to draw. In the end I chose Camicazi battling Norbert the Nutjob in the burning hall.

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Captain Tammo

Wow these came out wonderfully, Leatho! What motivated you to make these ones? How long did each take for planning and such?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

Perifaen

Your art is very well done. Like Ashleg said they look amazing.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 27, 2015, 01:28:24 AM
Wow these came out wonderfully, Leatho! What motivated you to make these ones? How long did each take for planning and such?

Thank you truely! Not sure really, I just wanted to bring them to life, yet every thing based on the books. Oh, it varied some times a few days other ones took weeks to settle the layout, this also had to do with work, school and soccer getting in the way.

Quote from: Ashleg on October 27, 2015, 02:20:10 AM
Those are amazing! ;D
Quote from: Perifæn on October 27, 2015, 03:25:24 AM
Your art is very well done. Like Ashleg said they look amazing.

Thanks for the support guys!

On to day 5 in our count down! As soon as I read this part in the book I had wanted to draw it, and on top of that I got some rain practice. This is where Hiccup surfs on the back of the Windwalker down the lava flow being chased by  exterminator dragons!

click the banner

Faiyloe

Your stuff is really good Leatho, one tip I could give you is to bend their elbows, they are so stiff XD Aside from that they are really awesome, I love how you do the backgrounds (I stink at backgrounds XP)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Faiyloe on October 29, 2015, 04:36:25 PM
Your stuff is really good Leatho, one tip I could give you is to bend their elbows, they are so stiff XD Aside from that they are really awesome, I love how you do the backgrounds (I stink at backgrounds XP)

I hadn't noticed that before, thank you! I glad you like it!  :D

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 29, 2015, 05:52:21 PM
All of these are amazing!
Thanks so much!

I didn't want to draw another book after this one, this drawing took around 20 hours to do. Every red worm on the floor is an individual... But I just had to draw this scene, with the Hairy Scary Librarian at the Meathead Public Library.

The polar serpents were just the coolest, I had to include them in my series.

click the banner

Ashleg

What? 20 hours?! :o
I thought two hours was a lot! :D

Those are great, keep it up! ;D

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ashleg on October 30, 2015, 02:41:36 AM
What? 20 hours?! :o
I thought two hours was a lot! :D

Those are great, keep it up! ;D

Yeah.... it takes awhile for me to draw these.... to much detail!

Thank you!!!

This was a very fun scene to draw since there was so much going on. And it was an important part of the series, the start of the dragon rebellion!

click the banner

Skyblade

Oh darn, I thought I had commented!

Anyway, I really like your art. The style and coloring are great. Also, the details are impressive. Keep at it! :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

Leatho! You spoil my eyes! These are stupendous! Great job as always!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

It makes me proud to have had a request done by you, Leatho! These look great!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Skyblade on October 31, 2015, 03:07:17 AM
Anyway, I really like your art. The style and coloring are great. Also, the details are impressive. Keep at it! :)

Thank you truely!!

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on October 31, 2015, 03:42:14 AM
Leatho! You spoil my eyes! These are stupendous! Great job as always!

Means a lot bro!

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 01, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
It makes me proud to have had a request done by you, Leatho! These look great!

:D Well you have always been so supportive! Thank you! And with this project almost done, I should be able to get back to my long over due requests.

Lets just say, this was a lot of dragon scales. But the burning castle, army of dragons and the clouds parting allowing the sun to shine on the Windwalker was just to neat! I couldn't wait to start working on this one!

Hiccup is  yet again in a crazy situation, what with Alvin's whole army on his tale and a camouflage three headed Deadly Shadow dragon hunting him.

click the banner

Skyblade

The work you do is great, truly impressive. Keep going :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!