News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Animal Planet

Started by Redwallfan7, August 13, 2012, 04:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

So who watches or remembers Animal Planet? , does anyone here remember the shows Animal Planet broad casted in the mid 2000 years? Like before all of their new shows. My favorites were The Jeff Corwin Experience, Mutual Omaha, and The Most Extreme.

I like some modern animal planet though, like Dogs 101. But the classic animal planet was great... And oh! I forgot to mention The Planet's Funniest Animals.

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I absolutely love My Cat From Hell!  I know, I know, horribly weird name.  But it's a great show!  I also like Too Cute, Dogs 101, and Cats 101.  Animal Cops is another show that I enjoy, but everyone that watches me watching it goes "Why are you watching that?  How do you enjoy watching animals suffering?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I used to watch Animal Cops, but I quit because I was so mad at this one guy who kept his dog chained up to the back of his truck and didn't feed him.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

I used to LOVE Jeff Corwin.  Wild Kingdom was also something I watched every week.  Animal Cops is depressing but I like to watch it anyway, to see the officers at work. 

But my favorite show on the channel is.... Fatal Attractions! The one about the people who stupidly keep dangerous exotic animals and get injured or killed by them.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

I actually don't even get Animal Planet where I live, so I can't regularly watch it.  The only thing I remember even wanting to watch from that channel was the Planet's Funniest Animals because I liked the older premise of America's Funniest Home Videos.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Flandor on August 13, 2012, 04:33:57 AM
I used to LOVE Jeff Corwin.  Wild Kingdom was also something I watched every week.  Animal Cops is depressing but I like to watch it anyway, to see the officers at work. 

But my favorite show on the channel is.... Fatal Attractions! The one about the people who stupidly keep dangerous exotic animals and get injured or killed by them.

I love Fatal Attractions! Though I hate how the animal is usually destroyed for doing what comes naturally.

As for Animal Cops, I used to watch it all the time. Mostly the Houston version, but I stopped when I found out they got an award for putting down every dog they got that looked like a Pit Bull. It just broke my heart....

http://www.examiner.com/article/houston-spca-awarded-for-murdering-pit-bulls
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Tannsrall

I love animal planet and perfer to watch most of the docmutaries than anything else on TV. But the sad thing thta I didn't get it on my TV more.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Rusvul

I loved the most extreme! it was awesome! and as for jeff corwin, let me say that i saw him in person at a show. that should tell you that i was a fan. mutual omaha is ok, kinda boring. although, i didnt watch them around 2000, more like 2005-2007, maybe 2008. but yes, i know those shows, and things like meerkat manor, which was ridiculous. but i liked it. yeah, i remember those shows. :D

Rainshadow

I used to watch It's Me or the Dog all the time!  But then I never was on when it was playing, so I kinda quit watching it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 20, 2012, 05:18:19 PM
  I used to watch It's Me or the Dog all the time!  But then I never was on when it was playing, so I kinda quit watching it.
I also love Too Cute

Rainshadow

Too Cute is awesome!  I especially love the ones about kittens.  I nearly cry whenever one of the kittens dies at birth and things like that.  And I practically cheer when the runt of the litter makes it through the first few weeks!

Redwallfan7

I loved the Jack Russel puppies and the white kittens (I don't remember the kitten breed)

Rainshadow

What did the kittens look like?

Redwallfan7

they were white and blue eyes

UNKN0WN

I miss the Crocodile Hunter ....