News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Any users on this forum who were kids during the 90's years?

Started by Redwallfan7, August 16, 2012, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandyB

I'm a child of the 90's and a child of the 80's. And the 80's were a downer. One side of the world was Pro-USA, the other was pro-USSR, we all thought we were going die in a nuclear war and the music was bad stuff. As for the 90's, I'm just glad that Nirvana came along and saved me.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

WildDoogyPlumm

I was 2 years old when the millennium changed. Does that count?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

UNKN0WN

sure close enough...

ahh the 90's, though quickly forgotten in the "Digital Age"

rakkety tam

i was born in 1999 so i guess u could say i was a little bit  ;D

Quote from: SandyB on September 03, 2012, 02:00:19 AM
I'm a child of the 90's and a child of the 80's. And the 80's were a downer. One side of the world was Pro-USA, the other was pro-USSR, we all thought we were going die in a nuclear war and the music was bad stuff. As for the 90's, I'm just glad that Nirvana came along and saved me.

some of the bands were pretty good like guns'n'roses and Kansas had a good hit
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwaller

cregga rose eyes

Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Redwallfan7

I'm not wanting to start an argument here, but I consider 90's kids to be born before the late 90's. Most of the 90's trends, shows, and sayings were well faded out by the time late 1999 came. The cast of Saved by the Bell are considered to be because they were in middle school in the early 90's. I wasn't because by the time I recalled things at six it was already 2000, when the 90's were well over.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

cregga rose eyes

Okay, you were asking what they were like, so us born in the late '90's don't really know.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Redwallfan7

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on November 21, 2012, 12:13:26 AM
Okay, you were asking what they were like, so us born in the late '90's don't really know.
That's ok. I don't know much either, I was just curious and for someone not living through the 80's and 90's I like some if it
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

All I seem to recall about the late 90s were boy bands and the Macarena. :P  Oh and something called the internet started to go mainstream with 56k dial up connections. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on November 21, 2012, 03:15:35 AM
All I seem to recall about the late 90s were boy bands and the Macarena. :P  Oh and something called the internet started to go mainstream with 56k dial up connections. ;)
Lol! So true.

Matthias720

Quote from: Lutra on November 21, 2012, 03:15:35 AM
The 90's were also responsible for what I call the Silver Age of Video Games. NES, SNES, N64, Sega, Playstation, and more all were heavily influenced by the 90's.

Lutra

I wasn't much of a gamer, not outside the computer realm anyway.  So none of those systems really ring as anything special with me.  Do the Atari versions of Centipede, PacMan, Asteroid, and that green battle one with the ships...do those count? :P  Oregon Trail?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Matthias720

Oregon Trail: The first video game that kids wanted to learn from.