News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

"And like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields; I wait for the dawn."
-Jean-Luc Picard
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Nadaz, voice of the host

"Shoot for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars"
- somebody I cannot remember.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Skarzs

"The man who never fails is the man who never does anything."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

sunflashtheace

sunflash the mace is pure awesomesauce.-Me

Hickory

"During lunchtime, I eat by myself. It's a great time to find a quiet spot and do some reading. In fact, I always have some books with me. You could I say I really enjoy reading – well, that's one way to put it. Books are so full of amazing and inspiring people. People you want to fall in love with. Or people you just know would make a really good friend. Cheerful people, who always put a smile on your face... or deep thinkers, and problem solvers, who discover the mysteries of life. So when you look at it that way, I'm surrounded by friends everyday."

(Not gonna source that one.)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

"I can no more remember the books I have read than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have both made me."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

"We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that, I am extremely grateful."

– Stephen Hawking

Ashleg

"Well, if I was a robot, which I'm not, at least I'm well put together. Not some rusted-out, steam-driven piece of junk!"
-Eugene Krabs, again.

Søren

" 'And some day we'll remember so much that we'll build the biggest goddamn steamshovel in history and dig the biggest grave of all time and shove war in and cover it up. Come on now, we're going to go build a mirror factory first and put out nothing but mirrors for the next year and take a long look in them' "
- Granger, Fahrenheit 451

I'm retired from the forum

Ashleg

Ugh. That book.

We had to do a very long unit on that book last year!

And it involved putting together weird skits with the other kids and for some reason my friends and I ended up being the road because there was nothing else for us to do. ::) ::) ::)

I did sort of enjoy it though. Since it was hilarious.

Jetthebinturong

"The boy's the one with your magic wand."
"Sonic screwdriver."
"How is that a screwdriver?"
"In a very broad sense!"
"Okay, well how is it sonic?"
"It makes a noise."
~ Doctor who: Thin Ice
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Dr. Crusher: You are killing innocent people! Can't you see the immorality of what you're doing? Or have you killed so much you've become blind to it?

Finn: How much innocent blood has been spilled for the cause of freedom in the history of your Federation, Doctor? How many good and noble societies have bombed civilians in war? Have wiped out whole cities? And now that you enjoy the comfort that has come from their battles, their killing, you frown on my immorality? I'm willing to die for my freedom, Doctor, and in the finest tradition of your own great civilization, I'm willing to kill for it too.

Star Trek S3E12, The High Ground

Jetthebinturong

Call Me By Your Name

"When you least expect it, Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot. Just remember: I am here. Right now you may not want to feel anything. Perhaps you never wished to feel anything. And perhaps it's not to me that you'll want to speak about these things. But feel something you obviously did.

You had a beautiful friendship. Maybe more than a friendship. And I envy you. In my place, most parents would hope the whole thing goes away, to pray that their sons land on their feet. But I am not such a parent. In your place, if there is pain, nurse it. And if there is a flame, don't snuff it out. Don't be brutal with it. We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster, that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything ― what a waste!

And I'll say one more thing. It'll clear the air. I may have come close... but I never had what you two have. Something always held me back or stood in the way. How you live your life is your business. Just remember: Our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. And before you know it, your heart's worn out. And as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now there's sorrow. Pain. Don't kill it, and with it the joy you felt."
[close]
If you don't plan on watching the movie (or reading the book) then you should read that quote.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

luckyjack

Søren

Lily Sloane: Jean Luc, blow up the ship!

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: No! No!

[Smashes glass and model ships with his phaser]

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done!

Lily Sloane: You broke your little ships

I'm retired from the forum