News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Quote this if this is true when you were young.

You couldn't say the word ambulance, but only Ambweeance. Happened to me.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 30, 2013, 02:25:23 AM
Life is like an expiration date. If you don't enjoy it while you can, then it will go bad, and it will be too late. So take advantag of all the good things that life has to offer, so you can be prosperous in all you do, and also to benefit the good will of others.- Myself
Very wise words of advice. The stuff that I say is usually more along the lines of "Hugs and duct tape are what hold the world together." (That was recently, believe it or not.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

WarriorOfMossflower

Silence is gold, but duct tape is silver!
~Anonymous

"The past is already gone. We can choose to linger in it and ruin our lives by doing so, or we can accept that life has no rewind button and move on. The future is an anticipation of what is to come, but the future is similar to the past in many ways. It is unwise to dream too far ahead and seek to lay a direct course, because life is a winding trail that sometimes takes you on wild rides through overgrown forest paths.
What you live in right now, however, is different. It is a blessing of life, a magnificent era in which you can firmly plant your feet and tell yourself that you know where you are. You know that you live in the gift called 'now'. After all, there has to be a reason it's called the present." -Me  ;)
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Redwallfan7

Sam: I made a promise. Don't you leave him, Samewise Gamgee.

Pippin: What about second breakfasts?

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on April 01, 2013, 03:37:05 AM

"The past is already gone. We can choose to linger in it and ruin our lives by doing so, or we can accept that life has no rewind button and move on. The future is an anticipation of what is to come, but the future is similar to the past in many ways. It is unwise to dream too far ahead and seek to lay a direct course, because life is a winding trail that sometimes takes you on wild rides through overgrown forest paths.
What you live in right now, however, is different. It is a blessing of life, a magnificent era in which you can firmly plant your feet and tell yourself that you know where you are. You know that you live in the gift called 'now'. After all, there has to be a reason it's called the present." -Me  ;)
I like that!

Life is too short to rush through it.

KitrallStreamrippler

I like this quote anyway, but it is especially relevant today because of the way the Long Patrol have taken over. "Military folk. The only way you know to solve problems is by beating them with a stick." -Tamora Pierce
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

cregga rose eyes

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 01, 2013, 07:59:19 PM
I like this quote anyway, but it is especially relevant today because of the way the Long Patrol have taken over. "Military folk. The only way you know to solve problems is by beating them with a stick." -Tamora Pierce

Is that from one of her books?
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on April 01, 2013, 09:27:50 PM
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 01, 2013, 07:59:19 PM

Is that from one of her books?
I don't remeber it from any Redwall book. Is it from one. Kitrall?

KitrallStreamrippler

I think it might be from one of her Lioness books? I'm not sure which one. (And no, Ungatt, its not from a Redwall books.)

Romsca

I might have heard of those...

KitrallStreamrippler

They're great! They are about a girl who wants to be a knight, so she takes her twin brother's place as a page, and he goes off to learn magic (called "The Gift").

Romsca

Is it part of a huge fantasy series written by a ton of different authors?

KitrallStreamrippler

No. Tamora Pierce wrote several series, and some of them connect to each other by having some of the same characters or occurring soon after each other. The first one was called Song of the Lioness Quartet (4 books is the standard length for her series), the next was The Immortals, then Protector of the Small. Then she branched off and started a completely different thing with the series Circle of Magic. I hope that wasn't too much/too little information. :)

Ungatt Trunn

"Wisdom isn't knowing when to take a life, but when not to take a life"
-Gandolf
Now, that's something that all the warriors in the Redwall series should take to heart!

Romsca

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 02, 2013, 07:29:58 PM
No. Tamora Pierce wrote several series, and some of them connect to each other by having some of the same characters or occurring soon after each other. The first one was called Song of the Lioness Quartet (4 books is the standard length for her series), the next was The Immortals, then Protector of the Small. Then she branched off and started a completely different thing with the series Circle of Magic. I hope that wasn't too much/too little information. :)

That might be it...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 02, 2013, 07:39:52 PM
"Wisdom isn't knowing when to take a life, but when not to take a life"
-Gandolf
Now, that's something that all the warriors in the Redwall series should take to heart!

I knew it was from Lord of the Rings!