News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, it is. ;D Here's another one:

Director: 'You were designed to be very smart, Max. We electrically stimulated your synaptic nerve endings while your brain was developing.'
Max: 'And yet I still can't program my DVD player.' 
;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

KitrallStreamrippler

"They aren't the brightest crayons in the box."
-Max

"Fang, Fang. I love you. I looooove you. I love you thiiiiiiiiiis much!"
-Max (or, as she later claims, "it was the Valium talking!")
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

;)Oh! We lose! We lose! >:( Shut up!

-Golem, from the Hobbit Movie.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

;D Ha! I loved that part, but I've read the book, so I kept waiting for Bilbo to say "The answer's not a kettle boiling over, as you seem to think from the noise you are making." Riddles In The Dark is one of my favorite chapters. Speaking of which:

"An eye in a blue face
saw an eye in a green face.
'That eye is like to this eye'
Said the first eye,
'But in low place,
Not in high place.'"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

rakkety tam

" i have seen the future and i left it behind" supernaught by black sabbath
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Rainshadow

EPIC SPOILERS IN THIS FAVORITE QUOTE:

The Angels Take Manhattan (Doctor Who)
Afterword by Amelia Williams:  Hello, old friend.  And here we are.  You and me, on the last page.  By the time you read these words, Rory and I will be long gone.  So know that we lived well and were very happy.  And above all else, know that we will love you always.  Sometimes I do worry about you though.  I think once we're gone you won't be coming back here for awhile.  And you might be alone.  Which you should never be.  Don't be alone, Doctor.  And do one more thing for me.  There's a little girl waiting in a garden.  She's going to wait a long while, so she's going to need a lot of hope.  Go to her.  Tell her a story.  Tell her that if she's patient, the days are coming that she'll never forget.  Tell her she'll go to see and fight pirates.  She'll fall in love with a man who'll wait two thousand years to keep her safe.  Tell her she'll give hope to the greatest painter who ever lived.  And save a whale in outer space.  Tell her, this is the story of Amelia Pond.  And this is how it ends.
[close]

Yeah, that quote... that quote made me cry.  Like, really cry.  To the point where I thought I was going to choke on that little knot in my throat.  That... that whole afterword was hard to hear.  :'(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Phoenix

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! You can't just go around saying you're Emperor since some watery tot threw a sword at you! Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony! If I was to go around saying I was emperor, just 'cause some moistened bink lodded a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"
Dennis the Constitutional Peasant, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Just because it's funny. NI!

Norham Waterpaw

Yeah, kit, I actually just started reading the Hobbit.

Good Morning!

What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want ot or not; or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?

All of them at once, I suppose.

-conversation between Bilbo and Gandalf in the beginning of the book.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 08, 2013, 12:08:10 PM
Yeah, kit, I actually just started reading the Hobbit.

Good Morning!

What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want ot or not; or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?

All of them at once, I suppose.

-conversation between Bilbo and Gandalf in the beginning of the book.
Yea, I thought that part was pretty funney :D!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Norham Waterpaw

It was one of the few, funny, akward stand-offs between two people...

Ungatt Trunn

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sp throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."-Mark Twain

Life is too short to rush through it.

blindsimeonjtp

mine is roads where we are going we dont need roads---doc brown from
back to the future.

WarriorOfMossflower

"I don't know half of you as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins, the Fellowship of the Ring.
Lol, I spent a few moments trying to work out exactly what he meant.  ;D
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

W0NWILL

People have beautiful lives, filled with hopes and fears and wishes and realities. Tangled and confusing, life is simply beautiful, yet you always have to open your eyes a little wider to see the worth in everything. ~Me

MatthiasMan

My age exceeds your IQ. . . .

Significantly. . . .