News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

"I can dodge folly, without backing into fear."
~Nero Wolfe
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Luftwaffles

"Everything's different here, and therefore wrong. Let's commence beatings" - Zero Punctuation.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

SoranMBane

"I think it's human arrogance to think we understand how other life forms feel. There may be no other life forms that are truly a 'friend' to man. Still, even if we can't comprehend them, they are, without a doubt, neighbors deserving of our respect."

"Who decides the relative value of human and nonhuman lives? I don't want to impose human values on him. I might be about to commit and irredeemable sin as a human being, but can I say that an organism has no right to live just because it's harmful?"

Both the above quotes come courtesy of Shinichi Izumi, the protagonist of Parasyte, which, as someone who genuinely loves all animal life, may be my new favourite anime ever.

LT Sandpaw

All mistakes are forgivable as long as one is willing to admit them. -Bruce Lee

Taking another mans life can't be justified, though we seek to hide behind barriers of self righteousness. But when you take the life of another you are committing a vicious evil like no other. Yet there are some who do not care of the evil they are committing. They kill and slaughter for cruel enjoyment or self gain, this is why we must take their lives. -A unnamed soldier.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Commander Cody

We are supposed to enjoy the good stuff now, while we can, with the people we love. Life has a funny way of teaching us that lesson over and over again. - Sheena Easton

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Commander Cody on April 27, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
We are supposed to enjoy the good stuff now, while we can, with the people we love. Life has a funny way of teaching us that lesson over and over again. - Sheena Easton

That's a really nice quote, actually :)

Oh! And welcome to the Forums, Commander Cody :)

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

I like that quote :) Welcome to the forums! Feel free to introduce yourself to everyone in this thread: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

In the meantime, here is another quote I like: "The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Commander Cody

Thank you both! It was really worth posting.

Mhera

"Pain is mandatory, suffering is optional." -anonymous

Welcome to the forums, Commander!

Commander Cody

Mhera, thanks for the welcoming! Now for another one of my favourite quote.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. - Dr. Suess.

Banya

"If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him."

"His dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him."

"I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life."

"Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead."

F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Luftwaffles

"With no sun and no clock, the time just doesn't exists" - Stephen King.

Jukka the Sling

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

~Thomas Jefferson

I think I'll make that my sig.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

"Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride."

- me

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!