News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

"I succeed or I learn, but I never fail." - Paul Sloane

"If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old." - Peter F. Drucker

"Why complicate life? Miss somebody? Call. Wanna meet? Invite. Wanna be understood? Explain. Have Questions? Ask. Don't Like it? Say it. Like it? State it. Want something? Ask for it. We just have one life. Keep it simple." - quote from the Internet

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

"Lust, can I eat the old man?"- Gluttony, from FMA.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

"I have an army."
"We have a Hulk."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Edraithel

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 17, 2015, 02:49:59 AM
"Lust, can I eat the old man?"- Gluttony, from FMA.

Yes!!!! or

"I no speak this country's language, bye bye!" -Ling
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Wot, wot!

Words I never thought I would have to say to my dog:
"Harry, stop eating that dirt"  ;D
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Feles

"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"~ Gandalf

You Shall Not Pass ~ Gandalf

One Does not simply walk into Mordor~ Boromir
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Maudie

"These guys come from Norse mythology, they're practically gods."
"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
-The Avengers (yes, I finally saw it. :D)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Hickory

"Didn't see that coming."
-Age of Ultron

Luftwaffles

"We have grown, but there is still much to be done. Many that live in the darkness must be shown the way. For it is the dawning of a new day"" - Deus Ex.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jetthebinturong

"The creature stood on all fours, its skin was a smooth alabaster white, it had pointed ears, its arms and legs ended in three sharp claws and its red, pupil-less eyes gleamed with malevolence. It was an animal, born to kill."
~ Black Rain, Chapter 1: Monsters by me.

"The two of them stood in the living room, it would have been a homely place were it not for the ripped apart corpses of two people lying in the middle of it and the blood spattered everywhere."
~ Black Rain, Chapter 1: Monsters by me

"As attractive as he was, there was something about him that made one wary in his presence. Some kind of cold malevolence that seemed to emanate from his lovely blue eyes."
~ Black Rain, Chapter 6: Hallows by me

"Noxie was killed three years ago and Al... well he and I had a bit of trouble last year, very tragic, lots of blood."
~ Ambren Hallows, Black Rain, Chapter 6: Hallows by me

"A man calling himself Dáskalos has been doing it. He's based in a small village named Darkhaven. You've got to commend the man for his sense of humour."
Robert frowned and signed something out. Ambren seemed to know what he said, which came as a slight surprise. "Normally, mages will formally introduce each other as [Name] of [Place]. Dáskalos is the Greek word for 'master'. Put that together and our mystery man is known as 'Master of Darkhaven', a suitably ominous title for a demon summoner, don't you think?"
~ Ambren Hallows, Black Rain, Chapter 6: Hallows by me

"David sighed. "For five years it was just me and Alex; me and him against the world, trying to find some kind of normality in a world of chaos and fear." He shook his head. "The world was a storm at sea and Alex was a rock I was clinging to in order stop myself from being washed away."
"That's a terrible metaphor."
~ David Banewood and Thomas Hunter, Black Rain, Chapter 7: Brothers by me

"Captain Alrean Gryphon in particular gave him a sense of foreboding that he was not used to. Gryphon was apparently an ex-military goblin who now worked as a mercenary and assassin. He was six-foot two with fern coloured skin, black hair and piercing amethyst eyes. While most denizens of the magical world preferred to keep their equipment stuck in the past, Gryphon wore sleeveless black combat armour with matching trousers and boots and, though he wore some kind of Japanese sword slung across his back, two black pistols hung at his hips."
~ Black Rain, Chapter 8: Business by me

"So, Captain Gryphon, how can I help you?"
Gryphon stared at him for a while before he spoke. "You have connections, correct?"
Ambren frowned. "It depends on what you think I am connecting to."
Gryphon stopped tapping. "Do not play games with me vampire. You have connections to just about everything, do you not?"
Ambren bared his teeth, pretend you're not afraid, they'll believe you. "I would thank you to refer to me in a more polite manner."
"What you would like me to do does not concern me."
Ambren shook his head, feigning disappointment. "Then I'm afraid our business is concluded. I will not deal with a man who would address me in such an insulting manner."
Gryphon's eyes narrowed. "I am no man."
"My apologies Captain, I had no idea you were a woman."
~ Ambren Hallows and Captain Alrean Gryphon, Black Rain, Chapter 8: Business by me

"Money is always an object, whether one realises it or not."
~ Ambren Hallows, Black Rain, Chapter 8: Business

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Luftwaffles

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile" - Billy Sunday.

That made me laugh hard.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Wot, wot!

:D "A day without laughter is a day wasted"
~My grandma
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Wot, wot! on May 21, 2015, 02:50:10 AM
:D "A day without laughter is a day wasted"
~My grandma

That's amazing!

Lady Ashenwyte

"That's a stupid question, Havoc. I say it because it's true. And when I'm Führer, there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear...TINY MINISKIRTS!" Roy Mustang, FMA.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

"Dat hammah doe"
Soren.