News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

"I would rather wear out that rust out"

Sebias of Redwall

"That there is some good in this world, Mr Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

"You have to take the stairway to success, the elevator is broken"

Sebias of Redwall

there may be a day when I might not like Lord of the Rings...But it is not THIS day!!!

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

Desann: Welcome, Kyle Katarn. Welcome to the future.
Kyle: Your future's looking pretty grim, Desann.
Desann: On the contrary. Thanks to you, the weakling Jedi who scorned me will soon be erased from history, replaced by warriors. Strong warriors. Warriors who know that the Force is not a shield to protect the useless, but is in reality a weapon to empower the worthy.
Kyle: None of that's going to happen, Desann. Most of your Shadow Troopers are being mopped up by real Jedi; real ones that have been trained to use the Force. The rest blew up with your ship.
Desann: What a pathetic ruse. Desann to Fyyar... Admiral? Admiral! Admiral Fyyar, I order you to come in at once!
silence from the comlink
Desann: I was wrong about you, Katarn. Your failure as a Jedi hasn't weakened you; it's only made you stronger. Come, join me. You know in your heart that you'll never truly be one of them.
Kyle: Maybe. Maybe not. But I know I won't be alone. How about you, Desann? Even now, after all this pain, it's not too late... Come, join US.
Desann: You... weak... fool!

-One of several great exchanges from Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sebias of Redwall

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." ~Galadriel, Lord of the Rings.~

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

This is for you Seb :P

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book!
I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!"
- Brian Jacques.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on March 19, 2019, 07:35:38 PM
This is for you Seb :P
"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.
Haha! Nice. :D

"The time of the Elves is over...Do we leave Middle-Earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone? ~Galadriel, Lord of the rings.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

Rocky Sullivan: [about his proposed anonymous donation] Suppose the dough is hot? Nobody knows that but you and me.
Father Jerry: That's just it.
Rocky Sullivan: Oh, come on, don't be such an angel. You wanna get the center built, don't you? Well, go ahead - get it started.
Father Jerry: Sure I wanna get it started; but I don't wanna get it started on rotten foundations.
Rocky Sullivan: Aw, don't be a sucker!
Father Jerry: All right, Rocky, supposin' I take the money... and I kid myself that it's a means to an end - well it isn't. It never will be. Inside the center my boys would be clean... and outside they'd be surrounded by the same rotten corruption and crime and criminals. Yes, yourself included. Criminals on all sides for my boys to look up to and revere... and respect and admire and imitate. What earthly good is it for me to teach that honesty is the best policy when all around they see that dishonesty is a better policy? That the hoodlum and the gangster is looked up to with the same respect as the successful businessman or the popular hero? You and the Fraziers and the Keefers and all the rest of those rotten politicians you've got in the palm of your hand. Yes, and you've got my boys, too. Whatever I teach them, you... you show me up. You show them the easiest way - the quickest way is with a racket or a gun.

-Angels with Dirty Faces

Sebias of Redwall

"The Ring has awoken, it's heard it's masters call." ~Gandalf~

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

"You reap what you sow, Artyom. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious cycle one must do more than just act without any thought or doubt."

–Khan, Metro: Last Light

Hickory

Game of Thrones Season 3
Joffrey: Tell me about the Targaryen girl in the east, and her dragons.
Tywin: Where did you hear about this?
Joffrey: Is it true?
Tywin: Apparently so.
Joffrey: ...don't you think we ought to do something about it?
Tywin: While I was Hand of the King under your father's predecessor, the skulls of all the Targaryen dragons were kept in this room. The skull of the last of them was right here. It was the size of an apple.
Joffrey: And the biggest was the size of a carriage.
Tywin: Yes. And the creature to whom it belonged died three hundred years ago. Curiosities on the far side of the world are of no threat to us.
Joffrey: But how do we know these dragons are just curiosities, and not the beasts that brought the whole world to heel?
Tywin: Because we have been told as much by the many experts in the realm who serve the realm by counseling the king on matters on which he knows nothing.
Joffrey: But I haven't been counseled!
Tywin: You are being counseled at this very moment.
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

Grimmel: "I've hunted down every Nightfury, except yours. Hand him over."

Hiccup: "I'll never give him up!"

Grimmel: "Then I'll destroy everything you love. You're nothing without your dragon."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Angelbunny

Tall Ghost Girl: You're in terrible danger, girl!
Angel: [coughs loudly]
    Fluttershy: [gasp] Because of that giant cloud of scary black smoke? I'll take that as a... yes.

Sebias of Redwall

"Courage is not about knowing when to take a life, but to spare one" ~Gandalf~

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!