News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Abbots

Started by martins#1fan, July 07, 2011, 01:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

Have you ever noticed that in almost every book, there's a different abbot or abbess?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Gonff

That is because there is enough time in between each book that the abbot or abbess changes.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Osu

Yes, it's one of those things that comes with a new book, I'm thinkin'. Which was your favorite? I liked the guy from Eulalia if only because he came up the wallsteps at one point with his habit held like a skirt. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

I don't really have a favorite abbot but I do think there quite interesting.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

Well there has to be time in-between warlords and their conquests, otherwise they'd just kill each other instead of going after redwall.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 07, 2011, 09:39:40 PM
Well there has to be time in-between warlords and their conquests, otherwise they'd just kill each other instead of going after redwall.

That would be interesting; to have two vermin armies going against each other. Of course there would have to be a threat to good beasts somewhere in there.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

daskar666

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 10, 2011, 08:35:09 PM

That would be interesting; to have two vermin armies going against each other. Of course there would have to be a threat to good beasts somewhere in there.
It happens in Redwall quite often. Ie...
Greypatch's crew vs Garrtail's crew.
Badrang's horde and Clogg's crew (not sure if there was a real battle but there might have been).
Swartt's horde vs Krakulat's crows. (not vermin vs vermin but crows are always villains so although Krakulat was technically not a villain he was of a villain species)
Ublaz's trident rats and monitors vs Rasconza's wave brethren.
Gulo and horde vs crows (again not technically vermin but certainly villains).

Redwall Musician

Quote from: daskar666 on July 12, 2011, 08:18:29 PM

Badrang's horde and Clogg's crew (not sure if there was a real battle but there might have been).
Swartt's horde vs Krakulat's crows. (not vermin vs vermin but crows are always villains so although Krakulat was technically not a villain he was of a villain species)

Don't forget Badrang and Cap'n Cloggs. They were really foes.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

But none of them reached redwall right?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 12, 2011, 09:04:40 PM
But none of them reached redwall right?
All of them were indirectly related to the protagonists. If Greypatch and Garrtail didn't fight, for example, it would be likely that Redwall would be under attack by TWO searat crews or it would never have been attacked at all if Garrtail captured Greypatch.
Tensions between Badrang and Clogg both weakened and strengthened Badrang. On a related note, where did the boats Martin and co. used to get away from Marshank come from?
Krakulat's crows greatly diminished Swartt's horde. If he had greater numbers and then went on the path which led to Redwall he might have defeated all those otters and squirrels and posed a real threat to the abbey.
Ublaz and Rasconza's constant war greatly diminished both characters' threat to the protagonists.
And the entire part with the crows and Gulo was strategically orchestrated by the protagonists to weaken Gulo's horde.

Gonff

Quote from: daskar666 on July 12, 2011, 08:18:29 PM

Yes, I guess that did happen but I don't remember an all out fight (except for with the crows) of one army against the other usually only the leaders had an actually fight. Usually one leader got killed and all his/her band joined the winners band.

Anyways we are completely off subject.

daskar666

Greypatch and Garrtail definitely fought with their crews.

Gonff

What book is that in? I'm trying to remember...

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 13, 2011, 05:26:21 PM
What book is that in? I'm trying to remember...

Mariel of Redwall
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Gonff

I think I remember something about that... I'll have to read the book again.