News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Abbots

Started by martins#1fan, July 07, 2011, 01:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Back on track, I always liked Abbot Saxtus. We saw him when he was still young first, and then we saw him transition into the Abbot of Redwall Abbey. We meet most of the other Abbots or Abbesses when they're already the serene creatures we expect to hold the position, so it was nice to follow his progress.

Gonff

Yes, I did like the fact that we say him as both young and old.

I think this happened with another abbess too. Was it Triss who we got to see before she became abbess?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

martins#1fan

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 07, 2011, 09:39:40 PM
Well there has to be time in-between warlords and their conquests, otherwise they'd just kill each other instead of going after redwall.
Ha ha Well said!!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 14, 2011, 01:29:54 PM

I think this happened with another abbess too. Was it Triss who we got to see before she became abbess?

There was Tansy! We saw her before she was abbess.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

daskar666

Abbot Daucus is now my favorite abbot, mainly because he actually did something while being abbot.

Gonff

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 14, 2011, 04:48:53 PM
Quote from: Nature Lover on July 14, 2011, 01:29:54 PM

There was Tansy! We saw her before she was abbess.

Oh, yah I meant Tansy.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 12, 2011, 08:27:05 PM
Quote from: daskar666 on July 12, 2011, 08:18:29 PM
Quote from: Nature Lover on July 10, 2011, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 07, 2011, 09:39:40 PM
Well there has to be time in-between warlords and their conquests, otherwise they'd just kill each other instead of going after redwall.

That would be interesting; to have two vermin armies going against each other. Of course there would have to be a threat to good beasts somewhere in there.
It happens in Redwall quite often. Ie...
Greypatch's crew vs Garrtail's crew.
Badrang's horde and Clogg's crew (not sure if there was a real battle but there might have been).
Swartt's horde vs Krakulat's crows. (not vermin vs vermin but crows are always villains so although Krakulat was technically not a villain he was of a villain species)
Ublaz's trident rats and monitors vs Rasconza's wave brethren.
Gulo and horde vs crows (again not technically vermin but certainly villains).

Don't forget Badrang and Cap'n Cloggs. They were really foes.

Also The brownrats vs Vizka Longtooth's bunch

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: daskar666 on July 14, 2011, 06:46:32 PM
Abbot Daucus is now my favorite abbot, mainly because he actually did something while being abbot.

Yes, I liked how he whipped his sling out of his sleeve with a ouch of pebbles.  ;)

Nightfire

I really like Abbot Carrul. He was funny. It was like a teenager abbot. I especially liked it when he sang the "Voyage of the Leakylea" or whatever it was called. So funny!  :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

Actually, there are quite a number of Abbots and Abbeses that we get to see before they achieve their elevated positions.  Most notably, there is Mhera in Taggarung, but there's also Fenna in Loamhedge and several others.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Log-a-Log

I liked Abbot Saxtus too
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

I love Abbess Lycian. She was so young, yet so wise. :)
Also, I like Abbot Daucus. He would have to be my favourite Abbot. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

I still love Abbot Carrul. My second favorite is Abbess Mhera. Have you ever noticed how there has never been a mole or a vole as abbot or abbess? I know that a hare would be too irresponsible, unless it was Martha Braebuck.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

Hmmm. I like Mhera, and Tansy as far as abbesses go. I also like abbot Saxtus.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

winifred

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 07, 2011, 01:21:35 PM
Have you ever noticed that in almost every book, there's a different abbot or abbess?
what about tansy in pearls then long patrol then marlfox?
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...