News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Emperor Ublaz

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 27, 2013, 12:10:11 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 26, 2013, 07:42:27 PM
It should be called hand ball, or jump on the guy who has the ball
Or Head-bonk-ball.
Both of those would explain it much better than "football"

Quote from: naima on September 26, 2013, 10:16:18 PM
in england, we call football "american football"

we're so exciting
Interesting. But then, who does call football soccer?
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Rusvul

I believe, in most of the world, american football is called exactly that. In america, we just call it football. In america, what the rest of the world calls football, we call soccer. And we use farenheit and the US way of measuring things. We're confusing.

Faiyloe

Yes very. Math is so hard! converting units from inches to feet to yards to miles . or cups to quarts to gallons.  :P Like why dose 12 inches make a foot and 3 feet make a yard... it makes no sense. like someone decided to throw a bunch of random numbers together and that's what they got. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 27, 2013, 02:04:39 PM
I believe, in most of the world, american football is called exactly that. In america, we just call it football. In america, what the rest of the world calls football, we call soccer. And we use farenheit and the US way of measuring things. We're confusing.
Actually, we too use the term soccer, and use the same measurement terms.

Rusvul

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 27, 2013, 02:19:54 PM
Yes very. Math is so hard! converting units from inches to feet to yards to miles . or cups to quarts to gallons.  :P Like why dose 12 inches make a foot and 3 feet make a yard... it makes no sense. like someone decided to throw a bunch of random numbers together and that's what they got. 
Metric system is better. By a lot. (Heheheheh. That's why they use it on Star Trek)

Faiyloe

That's what they use on Star trek? I never noticed. All I remember is light years.   

Rusvul

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 27, 2013, 03:33:30 PM
That's what they use on Star trek? I never noticed. All I remember is light years.   
They sometimes reference kilometers. And they use Celsius.

Faiyloe

Oh ya I have a vague recollection of Chekhov saying something about kilometers I love the way he talks! 

Jukka the Sling

I'm homeschooled and wouldn't change it for anything!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

Here, here!  ;D and just because I can I'm going to post a Messy Mondays video about Homeschoolers  ;D

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Gonff on July 08, 2011, 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 08, 2011, 09:37:28 AM
I like homeschooling, but some kids think I'm weird.

Same here, but when anyone in our family gets called weird they say "I take that as a complement." Our whole family is weird and we don't really care.

I'm homeschooled, and I love redwall.......My sis once wrote a paper though.....I'm ashamed of it..(shes not homeschooled) She wrote that we don't have good social skills, and we are dependent on everyone one but ourselves.....Like I said, I'm ashamed...........

Cornflower MM

***Post deleted by me for double posting and it's really not relevant. In fact, it was three words after a quote. ***

Cornflower MM

***Post deleted by me for a triple post and it's basically me ranting about how I don't like sports but love dance. ::) I was a weird newbie.***

Faiyloe

I feel the same way about sports.