Armour

Started by Lord Gorath, November 28, 2012, 02:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Gorath

That's Boar. Doesn't he look like he would stumble a lot? I came across a picture of Urthwyte and he was in suitable armor.

^
|
That's Urthwyte. And plus, you only need to cover all of that in Urthwyte's picture, but Boar was wearing a lot more.
Boar also had a helmet that limited his vision. What set of armour do you want more?

phoenixfoden

Urthwytes as it looks easy to wear.

Rainshadow

While Boar's armour may be more protective, it probably makes it much easier to die, because of how you could trip easily and how you can't see well.  My preference for armour would be chain mail or leather, because it's more maneuverable.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skipper

Urthwytes, it covers most of the body and it would be lighter plus it looks more awesome.

Lutra

When you look at European knights of the Middle Ages, and the comparable outfits of the Mongols about the same time, its pretty obvious that Urthwyte would've had a much easier time defeating foes than Boar in that garb. ;)  I frankly am not sure Boar could move at all dressed like that!
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Lutra on November 28, 2012, 11:55:21 AM
When you look at European knights of the Middle Ages, and the comparable outfits of the Mongols about the same time, its pretty obvious that Urthwyte would've had a much easier time defeating foes than Boar in that garb. ;)  I frankly am not sure Boar could move at all dressed like that!

Boar could, sure he has a lot of armour but he can still move a run.  Btw the german knights deffeted the Hungarians because the had better armour on. Example... in the battle of Lechfeld.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

UNKN0WN

I would just skip the armor and go to this