News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What Redwall-like books are there

Started by daskar666, July 10, 2011, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Welkin Weasels but I don't read them because there magic

Orinoco

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 13, 2013, 04:37:08 AM
One for Sorrow, Two for Joy by Clive Woodall

I read that a few years back. It was good, but rather...inappropriate, at some parts. I would only recommend to teen and up.

Some others that haven't been mentioned yet are:
- Seekers by Erin Hunter (featuring bears)
- The Named Series by Clare Bell (prehistoric cats)
- The Nightshade Chronicles by Hilary Wagner (rats)
- The Firebringer Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce (unicorns)
- Tales of Dimwood Forest by Avi (mice and other woodland creatures)
- Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies (deer)
- The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Davies (wolves)

And for a light read with lots of pictures, I'd definitely recommend the Tales of Beatrix Potter series.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

rachel25

There's a book I'm reading now called Firebringer it's like Redwall but with deer  ;D

phoenixfoden

Quote from: rachel25 on July 17, 2013, 02:12:50 PM
thats a pity they really are nice books :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: phoenixfoden on July 18, 2013, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on July 17, 2013, 02:12:50 PM
thats a pity they really are nice books :)

Aye, zey are. An' zere'z magic everyvhere anyvay!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Don't know of any in the same style (sadly), and peronally, Warriors is good, but it's no competition for Redwall.
baby turtle forever

Gonff the Mousethief

redwall is one of those series that is nothing at all like other books.
to me it has it's own category
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rumo the Wolperting on February 06, 2012, 05:00:50 PM
If you are into graphic novels/comic books, I highly recommend Mouse Guard by David Peterson.  It's been published for a few years now so there's a fair bit of material available, but I only learned about it last summer when I actually met Peterson and his wife at the Phoenix Comic-Con.  Wonderful couple, we talked a bit about Brian Jacques, his passing, and what he meant to us.  Then I bought a full set of his works, each with a personalized doodle and autograph. XD

The art and coloring in them is phenomenal, and while the plots in some are a bit bare-bones, it's definitely worth a read.  Redwall artist Sean Rubin has also contributed to the series as well :)

Yes, the Mouse Guard books are really good. 
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Anyone heard of the Six Crown series? (forget authors; they are all written by separate authors) The books are for younger readers, but they aren't too young for older teens. Slight steampunky themes, and some "magic", but they're all right.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Starla1431

^I just read one of those books. It kinda reminded me of Redwall.

There if Fire Bringer about deer

The Sight about wolves.

i am that is (Matthias)

We had to read a book in school a few years back called Mrs. Frisby and the rats of nimh. It was okay, the idea of animals being the main characters are similar.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: i am that is (Matthias) on January 27, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
We had to read a book in school a few years back called Mrs. Frisby and the rats of nimh. It was okay, the idea of animals being the main characters are similar.

I read that book when I was like 6.  That was a great book.

If any of you have ever heard of Nightshade, READ IT!

Warning!

BUT, I would suggest that it is read by older kids, teens and up.  Sometimes it gets a little, over the top, I'm gonna say.  I'm not sure if there are any themes in the trilogy I should be aware of.  But I suggest you be AT LEAST 12 before you read it.  I skipped over some parts because it got kinda weird.  But other than that, it had a great storyline and a great adventure.  It's basically about people that can turn into wolves, but it's not a rip off of Twilight. 

Anyway, if you are of age and are interested in wolf-people, read it.

The Skarzs

Revive.

I don't know how this is going to be reacted to when I say it, but I'm actually writing a Redwallesque book. If any of you have read my fan fiction Mossflower Falls or have seen my RP Welcome to the Barkhills, both share ties with the book I am writing.
I don't want to reveal too much, and I don't know if it will ever get published, but if you have anything to say about this, feel free.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Mask

Two Things:
1.Good on you! I' sure it'll be awesome.
2.If you name a character Mask I'll be your friend forever :P
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Well, most names are either made up or are real names. Also, that was a name used in the Redwall books, so I'm hesitant to use it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.