News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Galadriel

Started by Kitsune, February 17, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Galadriel is...

SUPER AWSOME!
Pretty cool
ok
kinda weird...
Creepy!

The Mask

In my opinion Galadriel is... Unnecessary.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Amber

I think she's pretty cool, so that's what I voted.

James Gryphon

I think she's vastly overrated and thinks too highly of herself.
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

Can I say cool and creepy? Because, she is pretty cool, but also really creepy...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on January 07, 2015, 10:02:07 PM
In my opinion Galadriel is... Unnecessary.

She's a plot device.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Quote from: AxeHound on February 27, 2013, 05:01:56 PM
Spoilers for Silmarillion.

She leads a rebellion against the Valar. That's why the One Ring is her 'test'.

Just one thing, she didn't lead the rebellion, that was Feanor, she was following out of loyalty to her people.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

I think elves in general are overrated. Gondor and Rohan participated much more in the war of the ring than the elves did, and yet the elves get all the credit.

Delthion

The reason is is because they did most of the work in the war against Morgoth, they stood firm against greater evil than Sauron ever dreamed of. While I do love Rohan, I must say that the Elves did fight a long and bitter war against the tides of evil, and though men did help, the Elves did more.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Elves and humans both have big bonuses. Elves get +2 DEX and -2 CON, plus improved senses, whereas humans get a bonus feat at first level and extra skill points. Depends on what character you want to play, really.

Delthion

I do want to learn how to play D&D.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on January 09, 2015, 03:34:02 AM
The reason is is because they did most of the work in the war against Morgoth, they stood firm against greater evil than Sauron ever dreamed of. While I do love Rohan, I must say that the Elves did fight a long and bitter war against the tides of evil, and though men did help, the Elves did more.

They did, but surely it wouldn't kill them all if they had sent at least 50 elves to Gondor, or to the Black Gate.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Delthion

But their strength was so spent that they couldn't afford to direct any of their strength away from trees and nature, also since the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, they have grown to distrust men for Isildur's act at Mt. Doom.

Lady Ashenwyte

At least they sent the Dunedain. And have you read the Silmarillion?

Delthion

Yes, I love that book, just don't have the time to read it again, I think it is better than the trilogy.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on January 09, 2015, 09:49:58 PM
Yes, I love that book, just don't have the time to read it again, I think it is better than the trilogy.
[/quote

I have never read it.  :P Most people who have read the trilogy don't know what the Silmarillion is.