News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Galadriel

Started by Kitsune, February 17, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Galadriel is...

SUPER AWSOME!
Pretty cool
ok
kinda weird...
Creepy!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

I found out recently that I have the same personality type as Galadriel. It seems fitting, as she is my favorite character/role model. As I said before (in another topic), there really needs to be more male figures like that.

Jukka the Sling

I voted a while ago that she's pretty cool. I actually like her way more now that I've read The Silmarillion. Seriously, she crossed the Helcaraxë and survived!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Kitsune

I do not get the common myth that she sits around and does nothing. Do people not see that she helps from the background, protecting her people and fighting the rise of Sauron? The Hobbit trilogy helps illustrate this, thankfully.

Hickory

Yes, I love the scene from BOTFA with Saruman & Elrond Y Galdriel & Gandalf. So awesome!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kitsune

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 21, 2015, 08:52:29 PM
Yes, I love the scene from BOTFA with Saruman & Elrond Y Galdriel & Gandalf. So awesome!

That is my favorite scene out of both the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit trilogies. :D

lass of something much

Quote from: AxeHound on February 27, 2013, 05:01:56 PM
Spoilers for Silmarillion.

She leads a rebellion against the Valar. That's why the One Ring is her 'test'.
No, she was saving her people from serten death! and they were going to stop morgoth! (it was against the Valars orders if that's what you are referring to though) and Galadriel her self was not so called "rebelling" she sort of had to..(because all her family were going to help)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

I haven't voted because I find Galadriel very emotionally confusing and I'm not sure what my opinion of her is. The main feelings I get from her are scary and fascinating but I also feel the need to not be a huge fan and generally not feel strongly about her at all, purely because most people think too much about her (or maybe not too much. She is a pretty awesome character) and I don't want to agree with anybeast.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

that is such a typical "Teer thing" to say! XD
but really? scary? it's that one "Galadriel in the morning" seen?
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Not scary in the way orcs or other evil creatures are. I just feel like her wisdom and foreknowledge are intimidating and I'd feel uncomfortable spending time with a beast that didn't constantly have a sparkle of humour in their eyes and knew exactly what you were thinking, plus a few things you pointedly weren't thinking.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

Galadriel isn't creepy, but she is IMO really flippin' weird!
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

lass of something much

No, she's not, she is one of the most powerful elves in arda. She gets a bad name in the movie, though :P
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Tinarandel

To me, I think Galadriel, just like everyone else, was brilliantly cast in the films. Cate Blanchett was the most perfect choice for Galadriel!

She's the one who cemented Frodo's role as the Ringbearer and gave him the courage and strength to carry on even in his darkest moments, especially by giving him the Phial with the light of Eärendil's star. She put all the hopes of Middle-Earth in Frodo and assured him that he was indeed capable of bearing the Ring to Mordor, even if he didn't think he could do it himself. That's the most admirable thing about Galadriel to me.

"And for you, Frodo Baggins, I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light to you in dark places when all other lights go out."
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Very well put, Tinar! Nice. ^-^
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

MeadowR

I really liked Galadriel when I first watched LOTR; great choice of actress. :) She has her scary moments, but overall I do like her character and admire her power! I haven't read the books in yonks, therefore cannot comment from that angle at this time.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014