News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Your Written Work: Please View!!

Started by martins#1fan, June 17, 2011, 04:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Only with my friends. I'm still in the working out the details. Perhaps it is because it has a lot of story and little time. Anyways, my family know I want to be a writer. My dad thinks I can. I guess it is because I've always been creative.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I'm still on the names of my characters, :( although I have the story plot already written down.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

martins#1fan

I just started on another book two days ago, not much written though, still thinking about the story.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Tiria Wildlough

I have lots of Redwall stories going in my mind, just trying to choose which ones to write. ::)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

I had started a book a while ago about dragons; however, a lot of things ended up being very similar to other things.  For example, I'd had an idea where the dragons could store life energy in gems and use them later - third Eragon book comes out, guess what Eragon learns he can do?  The resistance-against-the-bad-guy group was slightly similar to the Varden, too.  And one of the locations in my book was a lot like one of the levels from a Spyro game I'd been playing; I think I'd come up with it after having a dream based on the game.   And the names - the villain's name ended up being a last name that's apparently common round here (I hadn't heard it, but my mom went to school with somebody with that name, and now at church I've seen that name), and the main character was named Celestia, but now My Little Pony Friendship is Magic has an important character named Celestia, and that's all anyone would think about.  When you add up everything in the book, it just seemed like too many similarities, and the book world and plot didn't have quite the depth I'd hoped for, so I quit. 

I really haven't written any stories or anything lately, just tons of essays.  Probably my most recent story was one I'd written two years ago for an English class - it was about a group of teenage shapeshifters, and I'd thought it was quite good.  It surprises me that it's been so long, since I really do love writing.

Maybe I'll write a Warrior Cats fanfiction next; I haven't done that in about five years, and I could write so much better now.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Martha Braebuck on June 18, 2011, 08:14:28 PM
Quote from: martins#1fan on June 17, 2011, 04:04:06 PM
I've started on a book, it's not a sequel to Redwall, however, it is set in mid evil time.

Really?!?!?! I'm writing a medieval book too!! *highfives* I wish I was alive in medieval time, it was sooo cool. but yes, I am writing a book I am planning on trying to get published!
Yes, I might be posting it on Redwall soon enough.  ;D ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I am happy to announce that I have my main antagonist's name, and I'm unhappy to announce that now I've had to take the name I had for the main character and choose a new one. Sigh... :-\

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

martins#1fan

Here's a sample of my work.

Golden Warriors
A tale of Andrew the Warrior and
Lord Wolfspain.
Chapter 1   A slave no more.
Move ye danged slaves! Move I tell ye!
Krakens general Mason was threatining to whip any  one who he thought
"deserved" it. Finally he did let loose, on an old man.
Come old man! Faster, Faster!
But suddenly his whip stopped in mid swing. A young slave had hold of it.
Leave him alone! Can't you pick on some one besides the elder ones!?
Let go o' my whip or I'll use it on ye!
Try me, scum!!
Mason tried to pull back on the whip, only to fall back as Andrew let go of the torture tool.
I'll have yer' innards fer lunch today slave!!
More the other way around! You can hardly pick up a pebble, let alone a fork!
Then Mason unsheathed his blade.
How about a sword!?
But then, with lightning speed Andrew picked up a piece of hot iron.
The other guards tried to intercept Andrew, only to be singed by the hot metal in Andrew's possession.
Whats going on here!?
M'Lord Kraken, there's a slave with a piece of hot iron, he's killed ten soldiers already!!
Don't be stupid, nobody is that skilled with a weapon!!
Yes sire he has and he's still on the loose.
Oh yeah? Let me see this Warrior of a slave!
One by one they fell, Andrew un-fazed by all who challenged him.

martins#1fan

This is not the entire chapter, but like I said it's a sample.
Tell me how you liked it.
And yes I did get the idea from MTW, but I made it a little more actiony.

Gonff

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 14, 2011, 06:19:43 PM
I am happy to announce that I have my main antagonist's name, and I'm unhappy to announce that now I've had to take the name I had for the main character and choose a new one. Sigh... :-\

I know what you mean, I started a book related to redwall but I need to figure out names so that I can continue it.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I'm ready to start writing by book. hooray! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gonff

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 15, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Bravo! Be sure to share some of it with us when you get far enough.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 15, 2011, 01:17:35 PM

My book (and possibly any sequels after it) combined with my card game should get me out of worring about money. (If they're successes, of course... ;) )

martins#1fan

Quote from: Nature Lover on July 15, 2011, 01:17:35 PM

Yes, please do!

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Astrognash on June 18, 2011, 05:17:17 AM
I write all the time. Short stories, mostly.
my sister wrote a short story and it one 30 something out of 130 it is published in a book called America's got stories i love to write but sense my sister is so good mine never get past my mom she thinks there stupid and she basically CRUSHES MY DREAMS OF EVER BEING A WRITER AND GETTING MY STUFF PUBLISHED i am trying to write i wrote one and sent it in to an Americangirl contest (It is like the only one that is free and i collect the dolls) i am writing a love story i need some names i have Costin and Amber but need a few more boy and girl names  
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~