News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Though still extremely weak, Zef managed to stagger upright. He stood, leaning against the wall for support, and gauged the distance to the main building. "Most beasts who aren't fightin' are in there- that's our best chance uv an 'ealer..." he said, taking a shaky step forward and almost collapsing. Holding out a paw and cursing inwardly, Zef continued. "Can ye 'elp me t' the buildin', Vash? Ye can do wha' ye like after that."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

Vash nodded, helping Zef up and supporting him, helping him to the building. But the shrew's last words were recalling brilliant a way into his thoughts. What did he want to do after this?
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

They made it to the main abbey building, and as soon as they were inside, Zef leaned against the wall and slid down, exhausted. His mind began to fog over, but he suddenly remembered Jen. "Vash- the little'n's still outside, by the wall I think. Can ye tell somebeast?" He didn't get the chance to hear Vash's reply, as he blacked out again.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"Don't worry, I figure something out!" Vash told Zef, though the shrew was unconscious. Unfortunately, no one was around. They were either hiding deeper somewhere else in the abbey or at the wall protecting it. Thinking quickly, Vash propped Zef's body against the wall and went back for the dibbun, and Tailli too.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Up on the walltop, the last thing on Antura's mind was a healer- she was more concerned with the wildcat in front of her. She had managed to turn his blade aside, and now had a better grip on her sword hilt. Se stood warily, never letting her guard down, searching for an opening...

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo  was  frustrated with this otter! Why wouldn't she just die. With that, he hacked furiously at her blade. Come on! Just die!
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura parried his wild swings almost desperately, still searching... Finally, she had time- just barely, but enough- to launch her own attack after parrying Riggaeo's. She started her swing at waist-height, then whipped the blade up, across, and back down at neck-height. With some luck, she might be able to wound him, but Antuea doubted that she could actually kill him. The wildcat was no fool.

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo was surprised at the ferosity of his opponents next move. He swung his blade up too late, the sword zipped across his upper chest, blood spurted a bit. He staggered, and then, he leaped of the wall.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura gasped in shock, unable to grasp what had just happened. She peered over the wall, unable to see where Riggeao had fallen. "What? Why would he-" An arrow zipped past her face, reminding the otter that she was in the middle of a battle. Suddenly exhausted, she stumbled down the wallsteps, tryin to make it to the main building.

OOC: Your post reminded me of Back To The Future II, when Marty jumps off the roof because Biff is going to shoot him- and lands on the DeLorean.

Quickpaw

Vash was shocked when the large wildcat landed infront of him. The weasel timidly pulled out his knife. No matter how much he tried to hide it, fear was plastered on his face.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo was pleased to know that his fall was broken by a squirrel, who's neck was snapped in the process. He was extra pleased to find that a suitable target was next him, Vash. He managed to heave himself up, and raised his blade for the blow.

Quickpaw

Vash was paralyzed by fear and when he broke his trance, it was to late. When he jumped back to avoid Riggeo, Vash was cut from the left side of his chest down to the right of his stomach. It was a clean hit, but didn't go to deep. If he died, it would be from a second attack or bleeding out.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura had looked down to find out if the fall had killed Riggaeo. Seeing what had happened to Vash, she didn't hesitate- she jumped. Hopefully I'll land right on his fat head, Antura thought viciously. She didn't call out for fear that Riggaeo would hear her and have his sword ready when she came hurtling towards him. Aye, and hopefully I won't break my neck landing on him.

Quickpaw

Vash's last sight was of Antura falling down at Riggeo before he slumped over backwards on the the ground and blacked out.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo leaped forward at Vash, and heard a pretty distinct thump! from behind him. He wheeled around, his face a mask of rage. "Why, Why won't you just die, stupid otter!" He snarled. He hacked at her feet, trying to disable her "getaway".