News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura grimaced as she landed- she felt a sharp pain in her footpaw. She barely had time to hope that she hadn't broken or sprained it before she had to scramble backwards to get out of the way of Riggaeo's wild swings. Several of them sliced across her footpaws, but Antura managed to reach the wall and use it to pull herself up. Grinning recklessly, she said, "Why? Well why don't you die, scabbywhiskers?" Antura's lunge forward after that was more like a fall, but she managed to point her cutlass at Riggaeo's chest.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo was startled by the sudden lunge, no matter if it succeeded. He reeled back, and tripped over Vash's unconscious body. He had never been in a situation like this!

Norham and Tobias, along with Baypaw and the hares, were doing a fair paced march to Redwall. They had just crossed the dunes, and were heading to the western flats.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Quickpaw

Vash only rolled over a little when Riggeo tripped over him, but didn't wake up.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura landed heavily, her sword point burying itself in the ground as she rolled away. She was so tired- she didn't know if she could get back up... But then she thought of what would happen if Riggaeo won. Redwall would become his fortress; inside its walls, he could build a military force to rival Salamandastron's, and undoubtedly he would take over Mossflower. Antura shakily got to her paws, drawing on her last reserves of strength to pull her sword out of the ground and level it at Riggaeo once more.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Riggaeo acted swiftly. He rolled to one side, and leaving his blade, dashed into the woods of Mossflower. He took no care if he was being followed, and dashed headlong into the shrubs and thickets.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura's knees buckled, and she collapsed against the wall, letting her sword drop beside her. She was so tired... The world around her faded slowly as she lost consciousness from exhaustion.

Quickpaw

OOC: Now we could really use some nurses.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: On their way!  ;D

Norham and the rest were picking up their march to a swift run, as soon as they saw there was a battle. The surprise attack worked. The hares scattered the vermin everywhere. As soon as it had started, it was over. Norham rushed over to Vash, who wasn't too badly hurt, just unconscious. Antura, was a different story. He had Baypaw rush her to the infirmary. The pressing thing on Norham's mind though, was where was Riggaeo. He hadn't seen him...

Quickpaw

(Vash: Not badly hurt?! I've got a gash across my body and I'm bleeding out!)

Vash was still uncouncious, blood staining his body, his fur soaked red. His paw that he had draped over his chest was also soaked with blood.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: HOW DID I MISS THAT!?!?!  :P  ;D

Norham saw that his previous assumption was terribly wrong. He had the Salamandastron hares work on him.

OOC: Better?  :P

Quickpaw

I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Baypaw worked with a will, cleaning Antura's numerous minor injuries and bandaging a few more serious ones. The otter's footpaw was sprained, but fortunately unbroken. Just as Baypaw was finishing, Antura came to with a start, sitting up and reaching for her sword- which was, of course, still on the front lawns. "What- what happened?" Baypaw pushed her gently back down. "I don't know what happened before we got here, but Norham and I seem to have brought those reinforcements just in time. You and Vash were lying next to each other out there- you appeared to be the worse injured, so-" Antura sat up again. "I seemed worse?!" She shouted incredulously. "Vash has a big cut across his chest! I'm fine! In fact, I'm leaving- y'need this space for other creatures." She stood and limped out the door, leaving behind a faintly bemused Baypaw. When Antura got down to the front lawns, she saw that Vash was being taken care of. "Good," she muttered. "They must've seen his wound. He's in the paws of the best healers asides Redwallers now." She sat down on the front steps, watching the goings-on around her.

Quickpaw

Vash had been taken care of, and would be fine, though it would hurt when he woke up. At least he would live.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

It looked like the hares had done a good job of patching up Vash. Antura remembered her sword, and went to get it. It was near the wall, right where she had dropped it, and lying next to it was a disheveled bundle. No, not a bundle- it was a Dibbun! She picked up the unconscious creature gently, murmuring, "What are ye doing out 'ere, liddle'un? It's been much too dangerous." She took the Dibbun- Jen- to the abbey building and handed him over to Baypaw. "I found this'n outside, by the wall." Baypaw merely nodded, already checking Jen for major injuries. On her way out the door, Antura took a quick look around the room. She stopped in surprise- Zef was here! The old shrew was lying still, bandages wrapped around his torso. Antura sat next to his cot, determined to stay there until he was able to leave. "Zef, please get better soon," she whispered.

Norham Waterpaw

Norham was just finishing strapping his sword belt on when someone informed him that Riggaeo had escaped. Norham shoved past the creature and hurled himself through the front gates, and into the woods.

Riggaeo, for the first time in his life, was afraid. He was crashing through bushes, and dodging low branches on his mad dash for survival. The last thing on his mind was Norham, who had just picked up his trail. He ducked into a hole in a rotted tree. His heart was pounding, but so was something else!

He recognized it as the sound of footpaws on the soft leafy turf. He instantly remembered the otter, and found himself right next to it.

Norham had stopped in front of the tree, not noticing Riggaeo. He longed for the moment when he would find him, and then he would make that beast pay!

Riggaeo heart thumped harder, and he feared it would be heard. Of course, it wasn't heard. He shuffled a little, to try and hide himself further. That was a crucial mistake.

Ooc: Sorry for the inactivity on my account lately. I've had things come up  :P . I'll try to be on more often, thanks!  ;D