Official Posting Rules Form

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 11, 2013, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

The following are the rules for posting in the Crossed Swords event. You must adhere to these rules if you wish to be successful in the tournament.  ;)

Rule 1: You may post up to 7 times per week. No more than 7 times.

Rule 2: You will choose two of these posts to be judged. The other judging score will be taken from all your posts per week. Posting all 7 does not necessarily mean you will get a better score.

Rule 3: If you do not post at least three times per week you will be disqualified, unless you tell BrookSkimmer through PM in advance as to why you can't get the three posts in.

Rule 4: Make your posts count! Be descriptive, allow for interaction with other characters, move the plot forward!

No good example:

"Blah blah blah" he said while smiling.

This will get you nowhere in the tournament. See my first post in the week one threads to get an idea of what we are going for. If your post takes you less than 15 minutes, its probably not ready to post it.  ;)

Rule 5: Posts must be at least 2 solid paragraphs long if you want to score well.

Rule 6: DO NOT use the tournament threads to make OOC comments. PM people, use the plotting boards and/or the discussion board for this.

Amendment #1:

RP Etiquette

The following points of etiquette will be observed by participants in the tournament:

No Autoing aka Power Playing
You may not post what another character is doing or how a character responds to your character without the other writers permission. OOC them and ask what they would like to do to work out the situation [i before[/i] making your post involving them.

No God-Moding
You may not have your character do something that is not possible in the Redwall world. Example, a mouse cannot move a gigantic boulder, i.e. have the strength of a badger so to speak.

No Mary-Sueing
You may not have a character that is impermeable to injury and/or have no weaknesses. Ex. If a character receives a deadly wound to the chest from a sword, they would not be able to continue fighting as if they didn't have said wound.

That's all for now....

Please comment by writing your user name below. I will make an example of how to sign the rule form below this post. No posts will be counted without your "signature" on this form. :)

BrookSkimmer

Icefire

Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Kitsune

W0NWILL

BloodGullet

When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

321tumbler

Ceteruler

WarriorOfMossflower

In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Mattio

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!