News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Mite's doodlin's ~

Started by Para the Mite, April 01, 2013, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

I agree, but I'd also like people to criticize my art, so I can get better.

But everybody just says: It's great!

So how can I get better?  :D

So, as I'm saying, don't refrain yourself in criticizing my art.(Because I know I'm doing something wrong)

Para the Mite

Quote from: Redwaller on April 14, 2013, 12:18:26 PM
I agree, but I'd also like people to criticize my art, so I can get better.

But everybody just says: It's great!

So how can I get better?  :D

So, as I'm saying, don't refrain yourself in criticizing my art.(Because I know I'm doing something wrong)

There is a definite difference between criticizing and critiquing. Critiques are what you want. ;3, Constructive tidbits that help you grow as an artist.

Anybeast with a tongue and jaw can criticize. xD, Doesn't mean they have any idea what the hell they're talking about. ;3 lol
'Paws of wrong meet paws of right,
As autumn leaves would turn.
Fates entangled in dawn's cruel light,
Where the lizard fires once burned.
The shadows of evil walk with thee, thy babe,
Dare ye wish it not to be true?
Wouldst thou seek the path of right,
If it brought only pain to you?'

Redwaller

Sorry, English isn't my native language, so I mixed both up.

Para the Mite

Quote from: Redwaller on April 15, 2013, 01:00:50 PM
Sorry, English isn't my native language, so I mixed both up.

I wasn't actually correcting you. xD, It's not a well known fact, even to native English-speakers, that there is a difference between critique and critic. It's something a lot of younger artists fail to realize. I used to find it quite amusing to scour art showcase sites like deviantART and watch the people picking apart other people's art based on biased opinion. lol

I think people forget their own personal views have nothing whatsoever to do with the validity and value of the art piece. So they tend to get critical in a purely opinionated way; probably because most people aren't taught how to critique anymore.

Rus, your sketch is almost done. I actually almost uploaded it right now but then I realized I forgot the scars and the missing ear tip. lol

Duh. xD
'Paws of wrong meet paws of right,
As autumn leaves would turn.
Fates entangled in dawn's cruel light,
Where the lizard fires once burned.
The shadows of evil walk with thee, thy babe,
Dare ye wish it not to be true?
Wouldst thou seek the path of right,
If it brought only pain to you?'

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Para the Mite on April 15, 2013, 01:13:59 PM
It's not a well known fact, even to native English-speakers, that there is a difference between critique and critic. It's something a lot of younger artists fail to realize. I used to find it quite amusing to scour art showcase sites like deviantART and watch the people picking apart other people's art based on biased opinion. lol

I think people forget their own personal views have nothing whatsoever to do with the validity and value of the art piece. So they tend to get critical in a purely opinionated way; probably because most people aren't taught how to critique anymore.

I just always called it 'constructive criticism'. It's what I learned in drama class- say something you thought was good about the person's work, then kindly point out something you think they could improve on. :) I've learned a lot of useful things in drama, actually.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

I LOVE your art so far! More! More!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Maudie

I think that if my brother who is an awesome artist ever decided to draw Redwall animals it would be of a similar quality, but not the same style. They look AWESOME!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Gabe The Warrior

Well done drawings, I can't wait to see more from you.. If you ever come back to read my message that is.. Ahahaha... ^^;

I love Redwall. :)
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

SandyB

Great looking artwork! You draw better than I do! :P
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.