News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Dueling

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, May 04, 2013, 08:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

I have decided that I like duels. So, would anyone like to duel me? Here are some possible scenarios:

Scenario #1- Two creatures are dueling over a point of honor.

Scenario #2- The combatants are dueling to decide their fate. The loser is exiled from their home. The winner is honored and gets to stay.

Scenario #3- The combatants are fighting for their survival. They are in a barren wasteland, ad they are fighting over their meager supplies/what direction to take, etc.

Feel free to make any suggestions, too, if you have a scenario you'd rather play. (I'm not too good at coming up with them.) :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

I'd duel you! I'd prefer scenario one, but a duel to the death, and they are enemies. What character will you be playing?

KitrallStreamrippler

Sounds good to me. :) Here's my character.

Name: Halfmask
Species: Ferret
Weapons: Glaive, dagger
Appearance: Smallish. The "mask" markings on her face are incomplete, being only on one side. Wears a well-used leather tunic. An unmarked bottle is tucked into her belt pouch. Her dagger is strapped to her upper arm.
Description: Uses her small size to her advantage whenever she can. Very good with the glaive, her preferred weapon. Loves good food and drink. She acts quickly in battle, but is horrible at strategizing.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Right then! I'm also playing a more verminny species, though not evil, yah, my form is as follows.

Name: Rusvul
Species: Fox
Weapons: Sabre, long throwing knife, medium throwing knife, short throwing knife, whatever happens to be around him that isn't ridiculously heavy.
Appearance: About average for his age (13), he wears a cloak that, along with his skill at being a Marlfox, can make him almost invisible. Also has a dark green tunic, a shoulder belt with the throwing knives in it, reddish fur, white chest, black paws and eartip, half of left ear missing, three scars over left eye.
Description: Very fast, but only moderately strong, often hides mid-battle and throws a rock or something. Has a great many strategies, but isn't that good at making them up mid-fight. Not a risk taker, always has a backup plan. Kind, but ruthless in battle.

KitrallStreamrippler

All right. So, we should decide on some details, such as where are we, and what are we fighting over? Got any ideas?

Rusvul

Ok! You're the leader of a vermin band, but you've gotten us lost, and we're on the edge of a swamp, we were just attacked by amphibians, we're running out of food, and I think that you've led us into this mess. So I challenge you for leadership of the small horde. We're fighting at our camp, we have tents, a firepit that is blazing, the swamps nearby, and the threat of amphibian attack. Maybe?

KitrallStreamrippler

:o Ooh... Sounds great! I will post the thread and intro post- erm, what's the name? :D I totally forgot about that. Or would it just be "Halfmask vs. Rusvul"? If you want an actual name though, how about "Swamp Fox" (lol) or something?

Rusvul

Swamp Fox sounds fine, or Marsh Battle or something of the like. Anything, really, as long as it's not like 'Rusvul Stinks' or something :P

KitrallStreamrippler

'Kay. "Marsh Battle" it is. The thread will go up momentarily. (Btw, have you ever heard of the old Disney tv show called Swamp Fox? The main theme is really catchy- it's where I got the inspiration for the name.)

Rusvul

Oh, you mean this?

Yeah, never heard of it  ;D

KitrallStreamrippler

Nice. Well, I hope that YouTube works for ya later, 'cause it's actually a pretty good song.