News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Sherlock (BBC show)

Started by PrimroseWarrior, May 16, 2013, 06:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimroseWarrior

Just realized we dont have a  topic for sherlock! Come on people, we need a place to talk about how awesome sherlock is, a place to talk about how evil moriarty is, and, most importantly, a place for rainshadow to put all her funny pictures about shrelock.
Have fun.  ;D ;D ;D
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

W0NWILL

I have funny pictures too!

It's Lestrade!

Rainshadow

Quote from: PrimroseWarrior on May 16, 2013, 06:14:38 PM
Just realized we dont have a  topic for sherlock! Come on people, we need a place to talk about how awesome sherlock is, a place to talk about how evil moriarty is, and, most importantly, a place for rainshadow to put all her funny pictures about shrelock.
Have fun.  ;D ;D ;D

and, most importantly, a place for rainshadow to put all her funny pictures about shrelock.

a place for rainshadow to put all her funny pictures about shrelock.

a place for rainshadow to put all her funny pictures about shrelock.

You know me so well.  :3

*Ahem*  Anyway, SHERLOCK!!!!!  Sherlock is so awesome!!!  I love the music in it!  ;D  And Anderson!  The comic relief of the show.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Aparently there's only going to be one more mini-season, then they won't be making any more.

KitrallStreamrippler

Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?! No way. Why, BBC, why? Oh, and is Elementary getting cancelled? Exactly. So Sherlock can't die this quickly. (No pun intended.) BBC has plenty of Sherlock cases left to use! They'd better do the Adventure of The Speckled Band- it's awesome and it was Conan Doyle's favorite.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

VedCassib

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 16, 2013, 10:11:46 PM
Aparently there's only going to be one more mini-season, then they won't be making any more.

Where did you hear this? I follow the Sherlock/Doctor Who news fairly closely and I haven't heard anything of the sort.

Edit:

I just found this article as well. It doesn't look like there is any reason to worry at the moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/12/sherlock-season-4-benedict-cumberbatch_n_2861878.html

Buzz_Bumble

Last September there were rumours all over the place that season 3 would be the last one (DigitalSpy.co.uk news item), but thankfully it looks like they've changed their minds. :)

Elementary isn't very good. I can't even be bothered to watch it. It's more like a less comedic version of Monk than Sherlock Holmes. Elementary will either get dropped very quickly or it will go on for years and years until everyone is thoroughly fed up with it.

Rainshadow

My sister likes Elementary, but I'm not quite sure why.  I haven't watched it, some reasons being that Sherlock lives in New York and Watson is a girl.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Firehawke

I love Sherlock!!!  The acting is wonderful and you can't go wrong with Steven Moffit and Mark Gatiss at the helm!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Ungatt Trunn

I love that TV show! I've only seen the first season, but I want to see the second one soon!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 17, 2013, 09:45:37 PM
I love that TV show! I've only seen the first season, but I want to see the second one soon!

Just be warned, A Scandal in Belgravia (the first episode of the second season) has a scene that's slightly... awkward...

Awkwardness in A Scandal in Belgravia
There's a scene where a character is nude.  They don't show anything, but it's still rather awkward.  I pretty much squinted when I came to that part.  ;)
[close]

It's a very interesting episode, but be warned.

LordTBT

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are rising stars in Hollywood. They can make significantly more money there then they can working for the BBC, which is why the show's run won't be much longer.

Buzz_Bumble

In the couple of interviews I've seen, Martin Freeman comes across as self-important egotistical fool. Hopefully all the fame hasn't gone to his head. :(

Sherlock's short "seasons" may mean it lasts a bit longer.

PrimroseWarrior

dude, this topic really took off. I just made it yesterday.
I heard that Benedict cumberbach signed up for a 4th season of sherlock.
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Rainshadow on May 18, 2013, 12:56:18 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 17, 2013, 09:45:37 PM

Just be warned, A Scandal in Belgravia (the first episode of the second season) has a scene that's slightly... awkward...

Awkwardness in A Scandal in Belgravia
There's a scene where a character is nude.  They don't show anything, but it's still rather awkward.  I pretty much squinted when I came to that part.  ;)
[close]

It's a very interesting episode, but be warned.
Some of my favorite Sherlock quotes are from that one, but yes, there is quite a bit of awkwardness due to one of the characters' profession. I ended up just skipping some bits, partly because my little brother was watching too.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!