News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Awkward thing about Swartt Sixclaw

Started by Film Reel, May 25, 2013, 01:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 25, 2013, 07:03:33 PM
Swarrt probably didn't care about Bluefen but maybe he wanted an offspring to carry his name- Just a guess.
If he wanted an offspring, why didn't he care when he noticed that Veil had disappeared?
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Kitsune

He might not have wanted an offspring, but maybe........ *hides under table*

sent from my NOOKColor

Romsca

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 26, 2013, 12:25:57 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 26, 2013, 12:00:04 AM
Wasn't Bluefen a rat?

No, she was a stoat.

She was actually a ferret.

Quote from: PluggFiretail on May 26, 2013, 02:44:20 AM
He might not have wanted an offspring, but maybe........ *hides under table*

sent from my NOOKColor

Yeah, he probably didn't want Veil. He probably just wanted Bluefen, because he was a CREEP

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Orinoco

I doubt he even wanted to be married to Bluefen. And he probably had Veil because...maybe he felt like it was expected of him? After all, Bluefen's father, the previous chieftain, had her...
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Romsca

Just because he .............. with Bluefen does NOT mean he wanted Veil!

Ungatt Trunn

The only reason that Swartt married Bluefen was because, since he had killed Bowfleg, had to marry the previouse chieftin's daughter.
And about this hole, uh, thing: I don't think that it should be majorly refrenced to. Even if we do know about it, its really not something to make real conversation about.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Osu

I'm going to go ahead and change the topic a bit. While the nature of procreation amongst vermin in the Redwall series is doubtlessly a fascinating one for some (or many) of you, discussion on said topic (especially to the extent discussion in this particular thread requires) breaks rule #3 and is not allowed on this forum. :)

That said, I think the dynamic between Swartt and Bluefen (and to a lesser extent, Veil) is certainly an interesting one and absolutely worth discussing! Bluefen really didn't have much of a character, so although we could likely rationalize that Swartt didn't care a whit for her, who's to say she didn't care for him? If Bluefen had lived and Veil had grown up within the horde, how do you think his attitude and life decisions would be different? What kind of family would they make? What part would Bluefen and Veil have played in the finale of the book had Redwall not been involved through Bryony's relationship with Swartt's son?

What do you guys think?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Maudie

I think that Veil would have been a better creature if Bluefen had lived.

I always got the impression that Bluefen was gentle and caring, unlike most vermin.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tam and Martin

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 26, 2013, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 25, 2013, 07:03:33 PM
Swarrt probably didn't care about Bluefen but maybe he wanted an offspring to carry his name- Just a guess.
If he wanted an offspring, why didn't he care when he noticed that Veil had disappeared?
True I hadn't thought about that. Maybe he didn't care about Veil much and just wanted Bluefen.

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 29, 2013, 05:10:58 AM
The only reason that Swartt married Bluefen was because, since he had killed Bowfleg, had to marry the previouse chieftin's daughter.
And about this hole, uh, thing: I don't think that it should be majorly refrenced to. Even if we do know about it, its really not something to make real conversation about.
I think your statement might be correct. Maybe Brian wrote it that way because in older history, when a king wouldn't want another army to destroy his kingdom, he had one of his daughters marry that man.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

Um the word Romsca used actually means dark hole  :-[ WOW this topic is Awkward  :-[ Well things like this do sometimes happen by accident  :-X I feel bad to say any more because I don't want to go into details  :-\ AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG This SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Awkward  ::)  :-X  :-[  :-\  :o  Um he didn't want Bluefen it was a tradition for the new leader of the horde to marry the old leaders daughter if he had one and they well lets just say they well um *Hides under desk and won't come out* 

Romsca

What did I say that means dark hole? Sorry, I don't get what you mean

Ungatt Trunn

But what if Bluefen didn't care for Swartt? The only reason that she married him was because, well, they had to (see my last post)! Can't that mean something?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Romsca on May 29, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
What did I say that means dark hole? Sorry, I don't get what you mean

Hell, it's a redwall word.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca