News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Owl City!

Started by Kitsune, June 08, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: BlueRose on January 15, 2014, 12:48:38 AM
I like Owl City!!! My favorite right now is either Hospital Flowers or Plant Life.

High five!  *Holds out hand for a high five*  I love Plant Life.  That piano part is so awesome!

(If you wanna hear a really awesome version of the piano part, watch this video:)

Obviously I love it, as it is seven minutes of listening to Adam Young playing on random pianos.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BlueRose

Haha.  *High fives Rain*

That is super pretty! Maybe I should get back into playing piano... (Yeah, just so I can play that....)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rainshadow

Lol, I wouldn't blame you if you played piano mainly for Owl City songs.  I myself have already learned two (Honey and the Bee, which I played at a recital, and Silhouette, which I've almost learned.  I've got a good portion of it memorized from just playing it, lol.  :P), and I printed off sheet music for Meteor Shower because I find that song very pretty.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BlueRose

Haha. Wow. I doubt that I will, though. Even for Owl City, the thought of practicing an instrument creeps me out. (It has ever since I found out that my best friend practices violin for 4 hours a day...)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rainshadow

Wow, no, I only practice piano for a half hour every day.  (Well, not EVERY day, just five days a week.)

BlueRose

Yeah, that's what I did while I was still playing.

I just had a sudden urge to listen to Owl City...

The Skarzs

I been teaching myself piano. I can do a few songs, but no owl city ones.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kitsune

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 15, 2014, 02:57:36 AM
  Lol, I wouldn't blame you if you played piano mainly for Owl City songs.  I myself have already learned two (Honey and the Bee, which I played at a recital, and Silhouette, which I've almost learned.  I've got a good portion of it memorized from just playing it, lol.  :P), and I printed off sheet music for Meteor Shower because I find that song very pretty.  ;D
You can almost play Silhouette?! I'm so jealous! :D That is probably my favorite song by them!!  ;D It's really pretty but it's really sad too...

Rainshadow

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 15, 2014, 11:59:51 PM
You can almost play Silhouette?! I'm so jealous! :D That is probably my favorite song by them!!  ;D It's really pretty but it's really sad too...

I know!  I saw sheet music for it online and, seeing as it has a great piano part, decided to print it off.  It's pretty hard, but sounds so cool!  There's a very deep left hand, and a delicate, chord-filled right hand.  So awesome!  :D

BlueRose

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 16, 2014, 12:49:50 AM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 15, 2014, 11:59:51 PM

I know!  I saw sheet music for it online and, seeing as it has a great piano part, decided to print it off.  It's pretty hard, but sounds so cool!  There's a very deep left hand, and a delicate, chord-filled right hand.  So awesome!  :D

I feel like a failure as a musician... But then, it's cool to see people who really love playing music. Even if I don't love to play it, I love to see people who do, because they are 'the music makers and the dreamers of dreams'. So cool! *Admiration*

Kitsune

I love to play music! :D

Rainshadow

Revive!

Oh look, Owl City himself posted new music on his blog!  Lol, the title of the song is Floppy Fish.  Odd.  It sounds cool, though!  And I heard a rumor that he might be releasing either news or a song on April eighth.  On his Instagram he said something about SOON and said "040814", which all of the people I've seen are thinking is a date.  Then he said "041514", which I'm thinking is the fifteenth of April.  So, possibly new music (besides Floppy Fish) soon?

Leatho Shellhound

I got two albums today!!! Ocean Eyes and The Midsummer Station

Oh and I have the Oreo song stuch in my head
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

MatthiasMan

Easily, the best album was Maybe I'm Dreaming.

Romsca

@Rainshadow: did that new music by Owl City come out yet?