News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Marshank: battle in the ruins. Duel (Faiyloe Vs. Shade)(Completed)

Started by Faiyloe, August 20, 2013, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Yath Lona was a traveler never staying in one place for very long. She had left home two years ago to look for her Uncle and his friend Brander who had gone travailing a few years before that. She had never seen them again but she had always wanted to join them, go on adventures, see the world.  She had Crisscrossed across most of Mossflower and was now travailing north like she had been doing for many days now. she came over the last hill and saw an old tumbledown fort. A good place to stop and make camp.      
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Teeth the monitor lizaid stirred, and opened his eyes. The large, black beast had been sleeping in his cave, which was actaully an old ruin room, and now he was hungry. Suddenly he looked up sharply. What was that noise? Peering out, he saw a squrriel from afar, coming closer every second. "It haz been a long time zince I have tazted zqurriel." he mused to himself.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

So this must be Marshank Yath thought as she climbed in through a broken down space in the wall. She had herd about it before and from other beasts descriptions of it this looked just about right maybe not exactly the way she had imagined it but close enough. There where stone blocks and tumbled down walls every were she looked. There was a great arch in the outer wall where the front gait must have been through which she could see the sea and the setting sun turning the clouds pink and orange and it's light reflecting in a long glittering streak across the sea.     

The Shade

Teeth blundered about his home, grabbing his weapons and he continued to stare at the squrriel. Cursing in lizaid tongue, he stuffed his axe and chain into his belt. Snatching to long rusty halberd, he crept close to the curtain-like weed that grew over the enterance of his dwelling, waiting, hoping, that she would turn to the sea so he could take her by surprise.

Faiyloe

OOC: I'm already facing the sea.

BIC: Yath herd a sound behind her and spun around. She scanned the area It was nothing. she told herself setting down her knapsack. I've been here only a few minutes and already I'm being sacred off by ghosts, she thought as she picked up some branches and drift wood for a fire. The ghost of Marshank is out to get me, she thought giggling a little.     

The Shade

OOC; Ok, than that was just before. My mistake.

BIC; Teeth parted the curtain slightly, and then leapt forward, swinging his halberd. But as he came down, he stumbled on the sandy soil. He knew it was not good, but he still had the element of surprise. He could not stop himself now, hopefully she would not even turn around, and it would be an easy kill.

Faiyloe

Yath herd another sound behind her. Its just another ghost. She thought and resisted the urge to turn around but then she herd it again and louder this time to loud to ignore. She turned around an screamed drooping her fire wood. there in front of her was a big ugly black lizard welding a halberd. She climbed on top of a large stone block and drew her bow firing at the lizard.     

The Shade

Teeth grunted as the arrow thudded into his shoulder. "You zhall die zqurriel!" he shouted, spinning his pikeaxe. With his free claw he pulled the arrow out. He leaped forward again, hoping the spear of his weapon would stab her.

OOC: I gotta go, bye  ;)

Faiyloe

Yath backed up and fell off the end of the block, her bow flying out of her paws. She landed with jolt sprawled on the hard ground. She touched her solder and winced her paw came away with some blood on it. It was just a scratch. She had fallen on a sharp rock cutting her solder.

The Shade

Teeth shrieked wildly, and jumped forward. Surely she will give up now. he thought.

Faiyloe

Yath rolled over to avoid his weapon and thrashed out blindly for his foot paws whith her dirk hoping to do some damage.  She scrambled to her feet and grabbed her almost empty knapsack. Then she took a large stone and put it in her pack to make a makeshift weapon. Holding the knapsack in one paw and her dirk in the other she faced the lizard.   

The Shade

Teeth bent down quickly, and felt his leg. Blood. Surprisingly, it was not too painful, but still enough to send him on another charge, holding his weapon like a quaterstaff.

Faiyloe

Yath swung with her pack aiming for the lizards head while at the same time she jumped to the side. This lizard was big and very strong but he was also slow where as Yath was fast which gave her an advantage but not much of one.

The Shade

Teeth lifted the halberd up, and the pack hit it. But a loose strap swung in the air, and hit him in the eye. All he could see was stars for a second, and he dropped the heavy weapon.

Faiyloe

The heavy weapon dropped on Yath's foot she gave a little shriek. Yath slung her pack over her solder and stuck her dirk in her belt. She picked up the halberd. It was a lot heavier than she thought way to heavy for her to wield properly the beast she could do was to fling it out of reach and run for her bow.