Fort Marshank

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 01, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I think he did it because it was faster and easier.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

He did want to get it finished by Autumn...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Yeah, but then again, the snow would turn to water when it melted again in Spring, softening the wood and possibly even rotting it. I know this, because I once accidentally left a wooden shield outside during the winter of the Head-Deep snows, and by springtime, it was so soft that I touched it lightly with my foot and it fell apart! And it was really strong oak wood too.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Only other thing I can think of with this wood vs. something else discussion is maybe the explanation of building it.  We aren't quite positive how Redwall is actually built using creatures such as mice.  Maybe they're like Egyptians and used some really smart techniques.  You got me on that one.  Marshank is built on the backs of slaves, and my suspicion is a slave isn't going to be able to handle stone quarrying, Egyptian techniques or not. You needed to be fit and strong to move that stuff.  Wood isn't nearly as heavy, and it looks like the long poles just needed to be straightened up....easier than piling blocks one on top of another if you're a weakened slave.

More food for thought....
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

Well, it does mention a rock quarry. Remember how they stole chunks of stone to use as weapons, and they were talking about working there?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Captain Tammo

Maybe he was building a wooden wall first, then he'd work on a stone wall after? Besides, Badrang is no idiot. I'm sure he took rotting into account when he was building his fort
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

Yes, you're right. Badrang was not stupid, even though he's one of my least favorite characters..
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

The cartoon makes him look like a wolf, not a stoat!  :D

Coobreedan

I know! He's meant to look like this:
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

Nightfire

Hahaha! :D That picture is both hilarious and scary! :D

Lutra

Actually Clogg is supposed to be like that too...only rounder and larger.  Would you ever guess both Badrang and Clogg are supposed to be the same species when you see a picture like this?

Guess, Nelvana's forte wasn't stoats or weasels.  :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. In Redwall, the made Scragg the weasel look like a rat... :P
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

There is NO distinction between vermin species in the TV show. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.