News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Kindle Fire

Started by Tam and Martin, January 25, 2014, 08:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

I'm not exactly sure where this topic should go so feel free to move it mods!

Basically, my mom wants to buy a kindle fire. She doesn't know a lot about them though. So can someone tell me a bit about them? What do they do? Do they have internet access? Can you get apps on it?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

I know a thing or two about the Kindle Fire. But before I tell some about it, can you tell me which brand of Kindle Fire she is getting exactly?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 25, 2014, 08:56:19 PM
I know a thing or two about the Kindle Fire. But before I tell some about it, can you tell me which brand of Kindle Fire she is getting exactly?
As I said, I or she doesn't know ANYTHING about them so if someone can tell me that would be great.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 25, 2014, 08:57:07 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 25, 2014, 08:56:19 PM
As I said, I or she doesn't know ANYTHING about them so if someone can tell me that would be great.
Well, first I would suggest that you take a look at them on the Amazon site, to see the different brands and what they can do.

Tam and Martin

What are some of the things they can all do

Jukka the Sling

Well, we have a Kindle Fire HD. And yes, Kindle Fires can go online (with Wi-Fi), and you can download apps.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Cool! So is it a lot like an iPad?

Ungatt Trunn

Well, it can do everything that an iPad can do (for the HD Kindles, at least), just they look different that iPads. I again suggest that you check them on the Amazon site.

Jukka the Sling

Just from our experience, we have had an occasional hiccup with our Kindle Fire HD. To be honest, we've had better success with our iPod touch, even though the screen is really dinky. But I think you should look at overall reviews on Amazon and decide.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Alright! I think that solves my problem! Thanks you two!

Ungatt Trunn

Rainshadow

Yeah, I got the new Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, and I'd say it's a really good tablet.  It doesn't have a camera (though I don't need one (or care for one), so it doesn't really matter.  ;)), but it can access the internet, play music, download apps and books, and also download videos.  A really good tablet, as I said before.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ungatt Trunn

Actually, the Kindle Fire HD does have a front facing camera.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 26, 2014, 12:16:11 AM
Yep. When my dad and younger sister went to New Zealand last year, they took the Kindle Fire HD and Skyped us with it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 26, 2014, 12:55:32 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 26, 2014, 12:16:11 AM
Yep. When my dad and younger sister went to New Zealand last year, they took the Kindle Fire HD and Skyped us with it.

I believe you're thinking of the Kindle Fire HDX.  That one has a camera.  The Kindle Fire HD doesn't.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!