News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Fanfiction Requests and Trades

Started by Osu, February 23, 2014, 09:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNKN0WN

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: willruth on March 27, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

Yep, but I am writing one myself,
  I also think that there are not enough fanfictons that are as long as the original books! ;D ;D ;D
I'm writing one... but 350-400 pages just takes time.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 10, 2014, 09:09:15 PM

I also think that there are not enough fanfictons that are as long as the original books! ;D ;D ;D

How do you go about writing the Fan-Fic?
Do you imagine how the characters would act and create a story from that?

rachel25

I was wondering if someone could write a ballade, or a poem about a frog's crazy birthday party. I love crazy ballades, and poems, so this would make me be happy.  ;D

The Skarzs

Consider your request. . . accepted. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on April 13, 2014, 07:15:48 AM

Yes, also you can make up your own characters. Maybe you could take a look at some fanfics on here to get some ideas. :)

Anyway, what if someone wrote a fanfic in which a young rabbit sneaks off to join the Long Patrol (you all know how much they deride rabbits!). He manages to pass himself off as a hare, but some are suspicious of him. Eventually the truth gets out, but then the rabbit proves himself a hero and is allowed to stay as part of the Long Patrol. ;D What do you guys think? :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Osu

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 21, 2014, 10:59:28 PM
Anyway, what if someone wrote a fanfic in which a young rabbit sneaks off to join the Long Patrol (you all know how much they deride rabbits!). He manages to pass himself off as a hare, but some are suspicious of him. Eventually the truth gets out, but then the rabbit proves himself a hero and is allowed to stay as part of the Long Patrol. ;D What do you guys think? :D

Seconded! I would love to see rabbits in the Long Patrol!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

The Skarzs

Sorry for the wait; I'm working on it.

EDIT: It's done! Go check it out!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Could someone write a story about Dark Forest? I've always had this idea that there are still battles going on there, and it would be cool if all the dead characters could get together, and fight an epic war!

Osu

Quote from: rachel25 on May 09, 2014, 06:05:12 PM
Could someone write a story about Dark Forest? I've always had this idea that there are still battles going on there, and it would be cool if all the dead characters could get together, and fight an epic war!
Y'know, I've been thinking about this. A sort of death-spilling-over thing such as in the Warrior Cats series would fit, I think, without too much canon divergence in the world of Redwall. The thought of a warlord so evil he refuses to accept death and can't be killed permanently is just a creepishly cool premise.

Then there's the thought of Martin and all of the later sword carriers having deep philosophical conversations together. Or just partying together, haha. Dark Forest is a great place to start for a story, I'm a little surprised there isn't more fanfiction dealing with the subject.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

The Skarzs

I'll try it, though it might not come out as you expect.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on April 13, 2014, 07:15:48 AM

The way I did it was I just thought of a few characters and drew them, made little bio's for each-- just a few sentences. Then I just imagined a fun adventure for them to go on without the intention of creating a fanfic and some time later, I was working on Book II of my very own fic!

So bottom line, let it come naturally! If it doesn't feel natural, you're probably not doing it right ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Darkenmal

Quote from: Osu on May 23, 2014, 05:13:19 AM
Y'know, I've been thinking about this. A sort of death-spilling-over thing such as in the Warrior Cats series would fit, I think, without too much canon divergence in the world of Redwall. The thought of a warlord so evil he refuses to accept death and can't be killed permanently is just a creepishly cool premise.

Then there's the thought of Martin and all of the later sword carriers having deep philosophical conversations together. Or just partying together, haha. Dark Forest is a great place to start for a story, I'm a little surprised there isn't more fanfiction dealing with the subject.

That is a really, really good idea. We should do a contest.
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

cairn destop

LOL --- You obviously haven't seen Highwinger's Crimson Badger series.  Think each of them would rival the original in length.  I'm not sure how long the books are, but I know several of mine exceed the 100K word length.  So there are such long stories out there.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.