News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Illustrations

Started by Tiria Wildlough, August 10, 2011, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were about the illustrations in the books.
One of my favourite ones is that badger picture in Mossflower. I think it's Bella of Brockhall.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Definately my profile picture! Also, shouldn't this go in General Discussion, not characters?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Folgrimeo

My opinions of the illustrations very among the books, but in general I'm not a fan of Gary Chalk's work, yet I love the work of David Elliot and think Sean Rubin's work is heavenly. I also like Peter Standley because he illustrated "Taggerung".

I can't pick favorite illustrations because there's been dozens and dozens, but I'll try.
Ruggan Bor (so dashing, so handsome...)
Tiria Wildlough (she looks beautiful)
Jeg (Jeg looks cute somehow. Also helps that he's holding Bisky's tail)
Tagg (nice-looking otter)
Toran Widegirth (nice pudgy otter)

Coobreedan

I like the picture of Gonff.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Does anyone share my opinion about this picture of Barranca when he is first introduced in the Pearls of Lutra? My opinion is that he looks like a wildcat.

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Nightfire on August 10, 2011, 11:48:53 PM
Does anyone share my opinion about the picture of Barranca when he is first introduced in the Pearls of Lutra? My opinion is that he looks like a wildcat.

http://images.wikia.com/redwall/images/1/12/Barranca.jpg

Can one of you please look up this link and post it? I don't know how, but I want to share the picture.

To post the picture, just put [img*] and [/img*] (without the stars) around the picture's URL.

You have the picture's URL there, so this:
[img]http://images.wikia.com/redwall/images/1/12/Barranca.jpg[/img]
gives you:

Tiria Wildlough

I first thought that picture was of Sagitar, since it mentioned her at the beginning of the chapter.
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Folgrimeo on August 10, 2011, 08:56:08 PM
My opinions of the illustrations very among the books, but in general I'm not a fan of Gary Chalk's work, yet I love the work of David Elliot and think Sean Rubin's work is heavenly. I also like Peter Standley because he illustrated "Taggerung".

I can't pick favorite illustrations because there's been dozens and dozens, but I'll try.
Ruggan Bor (so dashing, so handsome...)
Tiria Wildlough (she looks beautiful)
Jeg (Jeg looks cute somehow. Also helps that he's holding Bisky's tail)
Tagg (nice-looking otter)
Toran Widegirth (nice pudgy otter)

I like Tagg too. If he was a human, he would have had a six-pack. XD
Also Ruggan Bor. Scary!

[Edit: Sorry for the double post. I didn't realize... :(]
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

I like all of the Legend of Luke pictures, especially the ones before the three parts
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

Quote from: Dawnwing on August 11, 2011, 01:01:54 AM
Quote from: Nightfire on August 10, 2011, 11:48:53 PM
Does anyone share my opinion about the picture of Barranca when he is first introduced in the Pearls of Lutra? My opinion is that he looks like a wildcat.

http://images.wikia.com/redwall/images/1/12/Barranca.jpg

Can one of you please look up this link and post it? I don't know how, but I want to share the picture.

To post the picture, just put [img*] and [/img*] (without the stars) around the picture's URL.

You have the picture's URL there, so this:
[img]http://images.wikia.com/redwall/images/1/12/Barranca.jpg[/img]
gives you:

Thank you! It worked! Does anyone else agree that this photo makes Barranca look like a cat?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

I think it makes him look kinda... weasel-like? What species was Barranca, again? Fox?

I really like the chapter illustrations in the later books.... there were two artists I liked in particular, David Elliot is one of them. I can't seem to think of the other off the top of my head, though... Sean Rubin, maybe?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Skalrag of Marshank

You're right, Nightfire, he does look like a wildcat.

Barranca's a stoat, Osu.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

The later books had awesome illustrations. I like the pictures in Lord Brocktree.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

I like the ones in Rakkety Tam, High Rhulain, Eulalia, and Doomwyte. They look real. Also the ones in Taggerung.
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Log-a-Log on August 11, 2011, 10:36:36 PM
I like all of the Legend of Luke pictures, especially the ones before the three parts

Me too. Especially the chapters in the 2nd book with Luke
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior