News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Virus Game

Started by Dag Downyfur, June 17, 2014, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Downyfur

Welcome to the Virus Game!
How To Play
The rules of this game are fairly simple, in my opinon..but then again, I'm the one who came up with it. It's a sort of science-y game, too. :)
- A player is chosen as the first 'Virus' and tries to infect the other players.
- If a player is infected, they also become a Virus.
- A Virus infects others by choosing a number that has to be at least two numbers higher than the number of their post on the topic. For example, if a Virus makes the fourth post, then they can choose from 7 and above.
- Say that a Virus chooses 8.  The player who makes the eight post will then be infected and become a Virus.
- Another player is chosen to be the 'Vaccine'. They do the same as a Virus, except that if a Virus posts on a number chosen by a Vaccine, then they become an ordinary player.
- If an ordinary player posts on such a number, they will also become a Vaccine.
- If a Vaccine posts on a number marked by a Virus, they become an ordinary player.
- The round ends if either side takes over every player.
- You are allowed to join the round after it has begun. You will join as an oridnary player unless I state otherwise.
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hopefully that all made sense..
[close]

Players
This will be updated as people join the game.
Round One
Dag Downyfur- Virus
[close]

Scoreboard
Round 1-
0/0
[close]

If you have questions or if there is something you think I should add to this beginning post, please let me know!

Notes
For this round, I will play as the first Virus. We will begin once four others join.
[close]
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dag Downyfur

Thanks, I'm glad someone liked it.
I just randomly had the idea, and I didn't remember seeing anything like it so I thought it might make a good forum game! :D
Waiting for people...XD
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Romsca

Dag Downyfur

Awesome! We need one or two more people; the more the better!

Amarith Waterspring

I have a question, if you are the virus than will you say the number to everybody or not?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Dag Downyfur

You would say the number, so while it could be avoided
  -some people might want to be Viruses
  - and as more are Viruses it would be harder to keep track of which numbers are safe. Make sense?

I was thinking about what exactly people would post..maybe they'd say the number of their post (which would be reset each round) and if they are supposed to choose the number, they could state the number below. Of course, if anyone has suggestions that make more sense, I'm open to them! :)

Unimaginative

"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Amarith Waterspring

Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Dag Downyfur

Awesome, let's start.
This post will be considered the first post. HanNorwood will be the first Vaccine!
Chosen #- 5

Romsca

What else are we supposed to post? Spam? SPAM!!! :D

Amarith Waterspring

3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Cornflower MM

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dag Downyfur

Quote from: Romsca on June 19, 2014, 07:17:43 PM

What else are we supposed to post? Spam? SPAM!!! :D
Pretty much, I don't care if we just have random conversations or something ^^

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 20, 2014, 02:59:45 AM
Can I be a Vaccine?
Well, for now you're an ordinary player, but you can either try to become a Vaccine by posting on the number that is selected by the first Vaccine..or, if the player is inactive, I'll let you have the part :)

Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 20, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
Um.....1?
I think that would be 4, actually..

Oops, posted on my chosen number.
If that happens..well, nothing happens then.
So..this 5!
And Chosen #= 8